JazzMaster build

Pelagaard said:
How did you go about wiring the two p-rails with the switches?  Is one a pup selector and the other select pickup mode for both?

Yes.  The top is the standard three way.  the lower switches between single-coil, p-90, and humbucker.  I realize I left a few options on the table here.  I may add some push-pulls later.

Very cool color effect!  As long as the pickups make the sound you want, that's all you need, right?

Done.
32E994B7_zpsb3ff42c7.jpg

I know I'm favorably impressed. I had it in my head that the Jaguar/Jazzmaster body style would look disproportionate with anything but the trainwreck bridge normally associated with them, but this shows that to not be the case at all. That's a gorgeous instrument!

Dammit. Now I'm gonna have to build one.

That's pretty freakin' awesome..Reminds me of the old Charvel years when we had the Surfcaster... :headbang1:

Cagey said:
I know I'm favorably impressed. I had it in my head that the Jaguar/Jazzmaster body style would look disproportionate with anything but the trainwreck bridge normally associated with them, but this shows that to not be the case at all. That's a gorgeous instrument!

Dammit. Now I'm gonna have to build one.

I hate that bridge.  Not only is it ugly, but it does not work real well either.
Thanks for the compliments. 
Doug already approved the bridge.

DangerousR6 said:
You have other Floyds, what's wrong with that one... :icon_scratch:

The same thing that's wrong with all of them: they're unnecessarily complex and subsequently expensive as a result. Then, maintenance is no fun. Break a string on stage and you better have a spare guitar or a very forgiving audience/employer.

I think the only reason they sell anymore is because they make the player look badass, as if they're really in charge of some kinda intricate mechanism that takes all sorts of high-end talent to operate.

DMRACO said:
I hate that bridge.  Not only is it ugly, but it does not work real well either.

I understand. I just had to deal with one last week. No fun at all, and doesn't do anything more than what I'm used to with the Wilkies or Schallers. Plus it cost me an extra set of strings to set it up.

But, I wouldn't call it "ugly". I think its looks are what sells it, as I mentioned in the post above. Plus, once it's set up, it does work reasonably well. Dramatically better than a lot of stuff still in use from that era and behind.

My point is, the guitar looks good without the typical bridge used on that body style, even if it is a Floyd, which opens up possibilities.

Really like the fine details, always wondered where you would use those inlays in a build.
Nice build :icon_thumright:

Back