Jazz Body

Zibob

So after being incredibly lazy I finally took the all important photos. It will be a good one when it's finished. I will update the photos (probably late) when parts arrive so it will look sweet.

Specs:
Full size standard jazz body
Swamp Ash
Jazz pickup routings (neck and slightly wider Bridge)
Clear satin finish
Gotioh 201 bridge

5507362856_c67e5248a7.jpg

Full Size

5506768189_2dab4dce41.jpg

Full Size

5506767063_49391a8334.jpg

Full Size

5506762259_3c61ede99b.jpg

Full Size

5507364674_d05e1a6c1f.jpg

Full Size

I love the curves of the forearm/tummy cut I just looks huge. And the end grain i think looks great, that contrast of the light body and the darker end grain.

Zibob said:

Hey that looks great. Was curious if that Jazz Bass front rout control cavity is about the same size as a Telecaster cavity front rout? Thinking that you might be able to have a minimalist look on the front of the body, have the two pickups encased in a chrome mounting ring each, and then put a Tele control plate over the control cavity if it is similar size..... :dontknow:

I could check my guitarist has a Tele but I think the other people here would get back faster. I think Flea had a custom Music Man with a Tele style control plate. I think it would look kind of odd with it at an angle. It would look super sweet to cut a jazz pickguard in half straight across still low enough to cover the neck pickup and have a straight Tele control plate. Would require some custom work.

I can admire from afar all the whack bluebursts and purple striped candy-apple bubblegum-flavored guitars, but all the ones I actually make and play myself look pretty much like wood.... sometimes it's darker or lighter, but that fresh-from-the-woodpile look gets me every time. :hello2:

Back