Jazz body in the works...

Toulouse_Tuhles

20191006_172959-jpg.644763

A few little foibles.  Bridge screw holes were too big for the Fender size screws. :(  No problem, the ol' TightBond and hardwood toothpick trick fixed that.  The Warmoth pickguard didn't quite match the Fender control plate's angle where they meet, and again... a bit of blackening on the finish at the gap will make it invisible.
Other than that, just waiting on the neck

Body 100 percent wired, tested, everything done.  So its the neck wait now.
Goncalo neck, stainless frets, Tele bass peghead, black tusq nut.  Basically the same as the Thinline I just built.
Ought to be in Monday.  Gotta fill, level and gloss nitro the front of the peghead, apply decal, melt that into the finish, then mask and do the rest of the neck in matte nitro.  Some hardwares (needs tuners no?), and bolt it on

Well....
The neck came in.  Nut a bit off center, and... great jeebs... does not fit in the pocket of the Warmoth body.
Straight down, no fit.  Measured about .008 too fat at the heel, as best I could measure with my good Mititoyo calipers.  Its dry here, AC on, so dunno if that will effect things.  Gonna let both woods stabilize in the AC environs here in Floridaland, see how they fit after work tomorrow.

Toulouse_Tuhles said:
Neck slid in fine tonight ...whew
That's really good to hear! I'm in NY, but my sister is in central Fl, so I fully understand the consequences of the humidity down there. Keep us posted on the build.  :icon_thumright:

Back