J-Bass Update

Phrygian

I got the neck in last week, and I am very pleased with it.  It's gorgeous and it feels awesome.  I was a bit worried about how it would look because it was a custom order (replacement for my showcase neck that was damaged in shipping).  Also, I replaced the DiMarzio pickups with a Bartolinii 9CBJD L1/S1 set.

I was a bit paranoid about a Warmoth metal decal on the headstock because I was afraid I might screw it up. I never put one on my Strat for this very reason.  Well... it was easy enough, and it looks so good that I decided to order one for my Strat!

Sorry about the blurry pictures.

WojTheElder

Just a quick cross-over post (from my just-outta-the box JBass) regarding your advice to thoroughly research my pickup selection.  I had recently reviewed your pickup ordeal postings and that encouraged me to do a little bit more investigating.  My bass needs are currently pretty straightforward, so I'm not looking for anything cosmic (several years ago I assembled a loaded 5 string Gecko thinking I wanted to move in that direction.  Work got crazy busy and I ended up traveling alot.  I rarely got to play guitar and never got to play the bass, so consequently I have de-scoped those aspirations and decided on a more familiar 4 stringer build).  Anyways ... I was wondering what you thought about the 9CBJD Bartolini's  (pros? cons? surprises?) because I have been focused on that specific direction as of late.

OH, and sweet bass!  That top is INcredible and the neck compliments perfectly.

Phrygian

Thanks for the complements guys!  I am really pleased with the way it has turned out.  IMO, it sounds just as good as it looks.  Now for decision time... I got some black pickguard screws and gold neck screws to replace the current ones in the control cavity cover and neck plate.  Originally, I thought the contrast would look good, but I'm not sold.  I personally think it just diverts attention from the gorgeous mahogany.  Thoughts?