I've got Double-Tele-Vision...

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Been pondering this for sometime, it's actually based from the Guild Crossroads that Slash designed. But those are impossible to find, and if you were to find one the $$$$ wuld be astronomical....What ya'll think. :toothy10:
2360637544_4bbb7423f4.jpg

NonsenseTele said:
Don't think Warmoth would do the upper side... :dontknow:

Why not, it's just a standard double tele, with a lam top, so the upper portion would just have to be routed for a full open chamber...... :icon_scratch:

You put on there an acoustic guitar bridge...
And the hollow and thinline are not "empty" inside...

But, for what it worth, I don't work at warmoth, is just like my thoughts about, you would better send them that picture and ask what is possible to do and what is not  :)

EDIT: Let us know about the answer! :D

NonsenseTele said:
You put on there an acoustic guitar bridge...
And the hollow and thinline are not "empty" inside...

But, for what it worth, I don't work at warmoth, is just like my thoughts about, you would better send them that picture and ask what is possible to do and what is not  :)

EDIT: Let us know about the answer! :D

It has nothing to do with a hollow or a  thinline. It would be thier double tele hollowed for most of the top portion with a laminate top......

VERY limited options for doublenecks, W just doesn't sell many, at least to hear them tell it. There is no hollow option at all, and what you've pictured is a half solid, half-thinline Tele with soundhole. And lamtop. again, that's not offered as an option for doublenecks.
It just won't happen, but don't ask me, ask the folks at Warmoth.

ildar said:
VERY limited options for doublenecks, W just doesn't sell many, at least to hear them tell it. There is no hollow option at all, and what you've pictured is a half solid, half-thinline Tele with soundhole. And lamtop. again, that's not offered as an option for doublenecks.
Then i guess they're not the "Custom Shop" that they tout themselves to be......

Well done Dangerous, that is one double neck concept I could see being useful, as opposed to pose value. Hope you get it done mate. :icon_thumright:

warmoth is a replacement parts company, not a custom shop. and the hollow thing is definately not something they are willing to do. sorry

they can cut custom body shapes and headstock shapes if you supply drawings but i dought they will incorperate any kind of hollow option in a custom shape body.
the reason is that they may have some skilled workers but they are not luthiers, the custom stuff is cut by hand, that's right no cnc if you supply drawings.
doing a hollow body with a router would be a pain, the builder would have to be mindfull of a back contour if that was ordered, also there would need to be bracing under the top, a thinline has solid wood between the neck and bridge, just the wings are hollow and the top is thick, a warmoth hollow is really chambered like a thinline but has several smaller chambers. they don't have a set design for a true hollow body. maybe someday in the future they will develope something, but warmoth doesn't seem to want to risk the potenital problems doing certain things as one off.

i know as well as you that the right programmer could do it as fast as anyone with a band saw and router but that's just how they do it. gregg mentioned looking for a programmer so they may not have one right now, who knows.

DangerousR6 said:
Then i guess they're not the "Custom Shop" that they tout themselves to be......

We are going to fall into the same argument we had some time ago:
They're supposed to be a custom REPLACEMENT parts factory, not a custom shop... The meaning of Custom Shop is a place that build (almost) any guitar you want and I'm sure this is not wrote in the website... It's writen:
"Custom Guitar Necks and Bodies Direct From The Factory!
Upgrade your guitar or build your own with our Custom Replacement Guitar and Bass Bodies, Necks, and Pickguards!"

and not: "Come build your dream guitar" ( unfortunelly, of course, I'd like to have some custom-custom guitar build from them ;) )

But even with it, you should send an email or call them for the definitive answer... We can be wrong...

DiMitriR33 said:
warmoth is a replacement parts company, not a custom shop. and the hollow thing is definately not something they are willing to do. sorry

they can cut custom body shapes and headstock shapes if you supply drawings but i dought they will incorperate any kind of hollow option in a custom shape body.
the reason is that they may have some skilled workers but they are not luthiers, the custom stuff is cut by hand, that's right no cnc if you supply drawings.
doing a hollow body with a router would be a pain, the builder would have to be mindfull of a back contour if that was ordered, also there would need to be bracing under the top, a thinline has solid wood between the neck and bridge, just the wings are hollow and the top is thick, a warmoth hollow is really chambered like a thinline but has several smaller chambers. they don't have a set design for a true hollow body. maybe someday in the future they will develope something, but warmoth doesn't seem to want to risk the potenital problems doing certain things as one off.

i know as well as you that the right programmer could do it as fast as anyone with a band saw and router but that's just how they do it. gregg mentioned looking for a programmer so they may not have one right now, who knows.

On the contrary, they are luthiers as well as skilled workers. That's what guitar builders are, they do all the things regular luthiers do. And what I'm looking at building is really nothing that they can't cnc, it's not a custom shape it's just a standard double tele that the top portion would be chambered out like the upper portion of the thinline, and have a lam top. You took it way out of proportion.  And they do create one off's otherwise they wouldn't mention it on the site.:tard:

NonsenseTele said:
DangerousR6 said:

We are going to fall into the same argument we had some time ago:
They're supposed to be a custom REPLACEMENT parts factory, not a custom shop... The meaning of Custom Shop is a place that build (almost) any guitar you want and I'm sure this is not wrote in the website... It's writen:
"Custom Guitar Necks and Bodies Direct From The Factory!
Upgrade your guitar or build your own with our Custom Replacement Guitar and Bass Bodies, Necks, and Pickguards!"

and not: "Come build your dream guitar" ( unfortunelly, of course, I'd like to have some custom-custom guitar build from them ;) )

Well thier slogan is "The Original Custom Shop".  And I have seen totally custom stuff that used to be in the gallery, but that was quite a few years ago, probably before they had become as popular as they are now...
original_title.gif

ildar said:
Well take a gander at this, straight outta the gallery under misc guitars.......Hmmmmm a double tele with a mahogany back and koa top.....
Yep you're right it'll never happen....
matthew_shad_full.jpg

Back