I've got Double-Tele-Vision...

DangerousR6 said:
ildar said:
VERY limited options for doublenecks, W just doesn't sell many, at least to hear them tell it. There is no hollow option at all, and what you've pictured is a half solid, half-thinline Tele with soundhole. And lamtop. again, that's not offered as an option for doublenecks.
It just won't happen, but don't ask me, ask the folks at Warmoth.
Well take a gander at this, straight outta the gallery under misc guitars.......Hmmmmm a double tele with a mahogany back and koa top.....
Yep you're right it'll never happen....
matthew_shad_full.jpg

Not hollow is it?
Jackass.

ildar said:
DangerousR6 said:
ildar said:
VERY limited options for doublenecks, W just doesn't sell many, at least to hear them tell it. There is no hollow option at all, and what you've pictured is a half solid, half-thinline Tele with soundhole. And lamtop. again, that's not offered as an option for doublenecks.
Well take a gander at this, straight outta the gallery under misc guitars.......Hmmmmm a double tele with a mahogany back and koa top.....
matthew_shad_full.jpg

Not hollow is it?

No it isn't, but half of my point is proven...... :icon_thumright:
Jackass.

DiMitriR33 said:
gregg mentioned looking for a programmer so they may not have one right now, who knows.
Ya, I saw that from thier home page , to bad they're not in Texas. I would def submit my res. But I ain't willing to go to Wash., lived there years ago, the rain suxxxxx. I like to ride my motorcycle to much to live in a rainy state...

did you guys miss this one?

Looks like they would do something like this for the right price and maybe if the CAD work is done already.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
did you guys miss this one?

Looks like they would do something like this for the right price and maybe if the CAD work is done already.

Brian
Sweet, I must have overlooked that one......A carved top even.... :icon_thumright:

ildar said:
DangerousR6 said:
ildar said:
matthew_shad_full.jpg

Not hollow is it?
Jackass.

Ha.....now you can crawl into the corner and whimper.....Thanks, bpmorton777
froehlich2m.jpg

3th time is the final one, something nearby of the hobbits use to say:
send a mail to warmoth sales representants...

They KNOW if it can or not, here is only speculation

NonsenseTele said:

Yes, yes ,yes, Imma gonna give 'em da ringa anda finde oute for chur-a.... o.k.no..?(in a Italian accent)... :redflag:

What was the point of that argument? Either they will or they won't. They don't 'tout themselves as a custom shop', there are lots of custom shops around that WOULD build it for you though. They occupy an in-between niche - semi-custom, you might say. It's like ordering a car with the options you want, you get the cost savings of it being an actual factory yet still get input into your purchase. That's the difference between, say, a nice BMW and a Rolls which may not even be as good a product but costs 5X more because it's made by hand and to your specs. But if you've got 7-8 grand to burn someone will definitely build whatever you want. I think a lot of people think of these guys as a custom shop on the cheap, which they definitely are not. They're Beemer and you're after a Rolls.
As long as they're committed to being that kind of company, dangerousR6, you can't get no satisfaction, though you try, and you try, and you try....

DangerousR6 said:
DiMitriR33 said:
warmoth is a replacement parts company, not a custom shop. and the hollow thing is definately not something they are willing to do. sorry

they can cut custom body shapes and headstock shapes if you supply drawings but i dought they will incorperate any kind of hollow option in a custom shape body.
the reason is that they may have some skilled workers but they are not luthiers, the custom stuff is cut by hand, that's right no cnc if you supply drawings.
doing a hollow body with a router would be a pain, the builder would have to be mindfull of a back contour if that was ordered, also there would need to be bracing under the top, a thinline has solid wood between the neck and bridge, just the wings are hollow and the top is thick, a warmoth hollow is really chambered like a thinline but has several smaller chambers. they don't have a set design for a true hollow body. maybe someday in the future they will develope something, but warmoth doesn't seem to want to risk the potenital problems doing certain things as one off.

i know as well as you that the right programmer could do it as fast as anyone with a band saw and router but that's just how they do it. gregg mentioned looking for a programmer so they may not have one right now, who knows.

On the contrary, they are luthiers as well as skilled workers. That's what guitar builders are, they do all the things regular luthiers do. And what I'm looking at building is really nothing that they can't cnc, it's not a custom shape it's just a standard double tele that the top portion would be chambered out like the upper portion of the thinline, and have a lam top. You took it way out of proportion.  And they do create one off's otherwise they wouldn't mention it on the site.:tard:

i didn't say they don't do one offs. i said one offs are made by hand not on a CNC, anything that's not already an option is done by hand, no CNC for one offs other than maybe the routes,
Gregg has stated this several times,

they don't have any designs for bracing on the sound board, that design would need bracing, a combo thinline and solid boby would be more reasonable but even that they won't do. there is no option, no option means no program, no program means hand work, hand work means probably no thinline. :tard:

DangerousR6 said:
NonsenseTele said:

Yes, yes ,yes, Imma gonna give 'em da ringa anda finde oute for chur-a.... o.k.no..?(in a Italian accent)... :redflag:

That's out of line Dangerous. Nonsense Tele might fracture our language occasionally but his English is heaps better than my Portuguese and much more entertaining than your "italian accent". He also makes a lot of sense, in any language, so let's keep it friendly eh? ???

willyk said:
DangerousR6 said:
NonsenseTele said:

That's out of line Dangerous. Nonsense Tele might fracture our language occasionally but his English is heaps better than my Portuguese and much more entertaining than your "italian accent". He also makes a lot of sense, in any language, so let's keep it friendly eh? ???

It was friendly, bonehead. And whose to say I'm not Italian. I wasn't making fun of italians or the fact that he's Portuguese, nor did I have a clue what nationality he is. I could care less.

Back