It's shipped!

Nerdo

Morning Y'all!

Looks like I'll be receiving my neck today (Roasted Maple, 25.5 scale length, Wolfgang Profile) and my body (Black Strat with contoured heel and gold hardware) on Friday! They were out of stock on the gold screws for a contoured heel, but I asked them to go ahead and ship without them; as the estimate was that this would delay the order another 8-10 weeks. The screws ordered were (2) Length: 1-3/4" (44.45mm) and (2) Length: 1-1/2" (38.10mm), and I am attempting to find replacements to order, maybe from StewMac or really anywhere else. The site doesn't list a screw radius or whatnot, and as the story goes, I'm a complete noob.  I'll have more to contribute after I get this thing built, but does anyone know what good replacement screws would be? I'm seeing machined screws and non, and different radius screws, but so far not a lot in gold, and none meant for a contoured heel with the different sizes.

Thanks,
Sean

My order is shipping this week as well. Warmoth are out of white switch tips and chrome Strat jack plates. They quoted 8-12 weeks to wait for them. I said to send what they have. Fortunately, the switch I bought came with the tip, and I have a jack plate laying around.

You can try Stratosphere parts.
https://stratosphereparts.com/search.php?search_query=gold+screws

Michael

Thanks guys! I got the neck in my hands, and I can't describe how good it feels! The roasted maple is oh so smooth, and the asymmetry on the Wolfgang profile is not as harsh as I thought it would be. I can't wait to put it together! I can't seem to get my image to post, but I'll try again later.

Sean

Great to hear about your parts arriving. Did you also get that roasted maple smell when you opened the box?

Most definitely! It's not a guitar yet, but you can bet I've many times walked over and picked up up just to get a feel for it. And smell it XD

I ordered a showcase neck March 2nd, how long does this process take?  I saw a picture of it and it was complete, why does this  existing product take  more than 3 weeks to arrive? Just want to know. I mean, I've received computer monitors from Amazon in 5 hours, because they already existed.

All the caveats and warningsthat popped up on the web site and I agreed to referenced made to order items or change orders. In fact, the caveats chilled my urge to have it my way, (I was topping $600 just on the neck), so I just ordered something I thought they had a handle on.

Where I live they have  this covid thing that has slowed things down. ... alot... I got stories ... but they are too depressing and they’re not about delays in shipping.

For reference, I ordered the neck (Custom, no finish) on the 25th of January, and the body (also custom, with paint) on January 22nd. Received the neck on March 16th, and the body on the 19th.

bruce9432 said:
All the caveats and warningsthat popped up on the web site and I agreed to referenced made to order items or change orders. In fact, the caveats chilled my urge to have it my way, (I was topping $600 just on the neck), so I just ordered something I thought they had a handle on.

The sustained high volume of orders due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has forced us to implement the following changes:

Order changes will delay your order significantly. If you want the quickest turnaround time you must make sure that your order is correct when you place it. If you do require a change it must be submitted via EMAIL to sales@warmoth.com. Include your order number and a detailed description of your change request.
    NO combined shipments. Every order you place will be shipped separately. If you wish to keep shipping charges to a minimum you must make sure all the items you want are on a single order when you place it.
    NO split shipments. Every order will be shipped out in its entirety when all items are complete. If you would like in-stock items to ship before custom items, you must place them on separate orders.

For the time being, please also expect:

Orders will take up to 2 weeks longer than published lead times.
    Response to email will take up to 4-5 days.

I don't see anything here that says this only applies to custom orders.

I ordered a showcase body last summer.  Was out the door in 5 weeks, and to my home a week later.

I think you've started a persistent thread. :)

I just got a shipping notice for my custom neck today! Ordered on 2/4, so ~8 weeks to shipping notice.

Back