Its Official...

rapfohl09

The carved top tele is here...

:party07:

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=t1581&Body=2&Path=Body

Wana_make_a_guitar

Even though I won't be buying one soon:

WHOOO~!!!!!!!!!  :headbang: :hello2: :party07: :blob7: :toothy10: :guitaristgif: :icon_thumright: :eek: :party07: :guitarplayer2:

bpmorton777

looks like it's not quite right with pricing and options...it says alder standad replacement body $240??? cheap for a carved top

Brian

rapfohl09

Its probally that cheap because its the prototype I think.

I feel like selling crack so I can get the first one! Hahaha.

simple

Staff member
We made this body out of a regular thickness body blank so there is no laminate top. This enables us to build these at a lower cost and offer a slightly thinner body that is comfortable to play on and a little lighter weight. When we use something like Flame Maple for a laminate top, that will be made from a 3/4" laminate like other carved tops so those bodies will be a bit more money. We're hammering out those costs before we get a catalog page up for it.

Wyliee

I gotta say, I had not planned on adding a Tele to my arsenal, but this is *nice*.  Some sort of Tele-LP hybrid could be cool.  

bpmorton777

that is awsome!!! I love alder!! I also think it's great that the top is flat for standard tele hardware..or a vintage trem.

Brian

Unwound G

U guys never stop to entice us poor GAS suffering souls.  No one has grabbed that body yet ?  I am just going to check back in another 48 hours and see if it is still available.

tfarny

That is HOT, and kudos for taking the CNC machine in a new direction! Great that it's thinner and lower cost. But your description of totally different construction for caps kind of seems odd - this seems like the perfect, perfect place for a laminate top, doesn't it?

rockskate4x

I like the new construction idea. If you did that and added a drop top laminate it would look just as good as the other carve tops but not nearly as expensive. If I could get a VIP or a carved top soloist built that way, that would be something.

Mor Paul

blmstrcust59_goldt_3.jpg

jg_bm_9003_side_r.jpg

m2sign_02.jpg

w00t.