It's finally here!!!

juliancs

I called UPS in a panic, and was told they deliver until 10 pm. It's 9.30 now, and the guy just left. I had to empty my wallet (literally, forgot totally...) in Government service tax, but at that point didn't care!

Here are some pics to get me started. Bad ones, because there is little light etc etc. The green came out PERFECT and in normal light is much darker. It's such a wonderful top, I'm very happy I bought it. The finish is 3d, as can be seen in the pictures!!
More coming tomorrow morning, along with the specs. Look at that fretboard! Also a "unique choice" thing. I'm not really typing coherently now, I'm so excited!!

28lxci0.jpg

15ewbwm.jpg

j6pn6d.jpg

2hecxms.jpg

mwz13o.jpg

:blob7: :blob7:

Looks amazing!  Glad it came out good. I was convinced you were setting yourself up for disappointment. Anyway can't wait to see it completed. :icon_biggrin:

Looks great!  I'd love to see a VIP in the showcase like that, only in blue and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  Using a wraparound tailpiece?

Wow, that looks sweet ! You're gonna have a good weekend  :icon_biggrin:

:kewlpics:

Beautiful parts man!!  :headbang:

I used to have a serious dislike for green guitars....but this board has properly educated me in what was wrong.  I hadn't seen any that were done properly before!

Killer VIP and matching headstock.  What is the fingerboard?  What goes into completing the player?

Wow, man.  I know you were concerned about the flame not matching up, and about the darkness of the green, but from here it looks like they got that thing RIGHT!  Sweet VIP, man.

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Going to the luthier on monday to have it put together. I'm taking it out of the box every 20 minutes and just looking at it :). My camera is being funny, so maybe tomorrow I'll get some non-flash picture (gotta see the flame maple neck!)

Ok so, 5A flame top, mahogany back. Kingwood board, stainless steel frets, MOP inlays, flame maple neck. Matching headstock. Going for plant waves tuners, and the gotoh 510 bridge, PRS style set up with the knobs. Silver hardware. For pups, I've got a set of Icebuckers from WCR that I'm dying to try - they arrived a month ago and I had to resit throwing them into my old guitar. Standard thin neck (which feels great from a first impression - coming from a flatback wizard neck...)...
That's about it. When I pictured what I wanted in my head, this was it. Thanks to all here for the help, and thanks to Warmoth! If it looks as good as it sounds, I'm on the guitar all day. I can't get over how good the green came out - the dye on such a high grade top was really worth it - its like everyone says, its almost three dimensional. Stunning. Everything feels nice and solid. Can't wait to play!!

Should be done by wednesday ish, so I'll throw some finished picks up then.  :hello2:

Juliancs, I hate you! my girlfriend likes this axe so much, she wants to ditch me in favor of you because you have this axe! (she diggs flamed maple+transgreen, I dont...until now )

Just screamin you mate,  :kewlpics: :party07: this is one hell of an axe! great looker, lovely fretboard, GREAT headstock (the colour and shape), this axe will blow you of your feet! Nice one :) congrats.

Congrats! Always nice to see a plan come together. Please continue with more pics. Great to see you got just what you wanted.

Back