It's finally done! Strat with decoupaged sheet music!

Puck1587

Hey all, Here are some pix of my guitar that I just re-finished.

I was a crappy squier strat body that I decoupaged some sheet music to. I also upgraded everything on it.

Body:
Original Squier Body
Gotoh/ Wilky Trem for strat
SD APS II for neck and middle pups
SD Class of '59 Bridge pup
Kept the old pots and selector (might upgrade those at a later date)
Gold hardware from W
Pickguard from W

Neck:
Wenge/Ebony
6130 frets
Wizard contour
1 3/4 at the nut (I have big hands :D )
pre-installed graphite nut
Sperzel Trim Lock tuners

And now the pix

SANY0164.jpg

SANY0173.jpg

SANY0175.jpg

SANY0177.jpg

SANY0178.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

nathan a

I like the headstock on there! Reminds me a little of a mosrite. And of course arts'n'crafts is always fun.

R

RLW

Love it. Especially the brown bits, it just looks to me as if someone was furiously writing music while power-pumping pot after pot of coffee and sloshing it around a bit.

I agree about the headstock, the back looks wicked.

DocNrock

I have to say, I really like it.  A+ on the creativity aspect.  I like the LP headstock on there, and I'm a big fan of wenge necks. 

bpmorton777

that's nice! The gibson headstock looks better on that then a fender headstock on a Les Paul.

Brian

NonsenseTele

Damn I liked soooo much this idea that I'm pissed off because I could not stole your idea!

Damn you!!!!!
icon_evil.gif

GoDrex

I think the Gibson headstock works - especially with the sheet music. Give it a sort of classical/old fashioned look to it.

bpmorton777

sorry if someone else has asked you already on the forum. What did you use to glue the sheet music to the body? All I can find on the web talks about white(elmers) glue and using water to thin it out.

Brian

Puck1587

Nonsense: If you wanna steal the idea, go ahead ;)...I've got a couple  more ideas floatin around in my head.
:toothy12:

Everyone that said something about the Gibby headstock: yeah, I was worried that it would weird but I think it came out pretty well, I think. I was definitely going for a classical feel/style.

bp: I used Mod Podge decoupage solution to affix the paper with, and I also put one coat on top to seal it ( if I had it to do over again I'd prolly put 2 coats to make sure the oils based poly didn't seep through at all, Live and learn)

NonsenseTele

Puck1587 said:
Nonsense: If you wanna steal the idea, go ahead ;)...I've got a couple  more ideas floatin around in my head.
:toothy12:

Tell us, I promise I would not stole your ideas  :evil4: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  :icon_biggrin:

Well, don't know if I would feel alright playing a guitar clone of yours...  :sad: If I can make my mind that a Strat headstock would change it completely...  :laughing7:

Puck1587

nonsense, with the nature of burning paper and types of sheet music etc... I doubt you could get the same exact type of burning if you decided to so one, and especially if you used a strat headstock. :eek:ccasion14:

Wana: Yeah the finish is a tad rough in some places, I gotta spray a tad more poly and buff it out... :-\

DangerousR6

Very cool indeed, I like the decoupage music note finish. And have to agree with most peeps about the headstock, very odd but very unique at the same time. I like it... :icon_thumright:

Steve

That guitar looks amazing. I don't usually like gold hardware or no inlay, but on this thing they work so well. I even like the headstock. It just works. Good job man.

shanejw

I don't like les paul headstocks on gibsons, let alone strats.  I think the variax or warmoth shape would be better IMHO.  A+ on the originality though.  Did you finish over the paper?

Puck1587

fish: sorry I totally missed your question earlier, yeah the pups in this puppy are amazing, definitely better than the stock ones!

thanks guys! :rock-on: