It's been worth the wait - LP in Black Washed Dye with IRW neck

GSVBagpuss

It's taken a very long time (original parts arriving pics are http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16248.0) but family comes before guitars in my book :)

It was a bugger to complete, the carved top meaning the pots were hard to position correctly, it needed some extra routing to get them to fit. And there were some issues with grounding the PUs but that just needed some care.

Anyway, it's now alive and completely singing! It's a LP shape Warmoth body in washed black dye with a custom maple top, solid Indian Rosewood neck, Schroeder stoptail bridge and PRS RP pickups. Tonally - It's very clear unplugged and really articulate when plugged in, the pickups really seem to work with the neck to be very clear and crisp under distortion.

DSC_1060 by gsvbagpuss, on Flickr

DSC_1068 by gsvbagpuss, on Flickr

DSC_1062 by gsvbagpuss, on Flickr

DSC_1052 by gsvbagpuss, on Flickr

Mmm, crackwood by gsvbagpuss, on Flickr

Very nice! Love the washed black finish/natural masked binding combination. Great job!

That is just awesome. I love the fact that you dared to do a few original things on an LP, especially, love the control layout, and that bridge looks awesome. I remember seeing that in a catalog but I don't think I've ever seen one on a real guitar. Kudos!

That girl is a real beauty indeed  :headbang1:
I have always loved the black washed dye and the masked binding really sets it off!11
Great build...
    :rock-on:

Superb! You must be very pleased! I love the bridge choice, but overall it's just a great piece of work.

Duuuuuuude.... That is one sweet guitar. Well done all around!

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Classy, very classy!
I've heard good things about the Schroeder bridge.  What's your feedback on it?

Well, I've not really got a good comparison but the whole guitar rings very well and is quite loud when strummed acoustically. A local luthier who has seen the guitar really like it, especially the design and ease of install

I notice that there is no gap between the fretboard and the pickup mounting rings.  On some Warmoth LPs, there is what looks like a 1/4" or so gap.  (EDIT:  This is not as common as I thought, but it's there on some guitars in the official Warmoth gallery - such as the goldtop at http://www.warmoth.com/Gallery/GalleryItem.aspx?id=2981 )

Anybody have an idea why there is sometimes a gap there?

Back