Is your Warmoth a swamp ash finished in Mary Kay White??? Please post pic/respnd

thadacaster

I am thinking Mary Kay White Tele with a mint Pickguard for my first project, but both of the example pics on the Warmoth  website seem to be off a bit.  The MK White looks VERY pinkish and the Mint PGuard seems WAYYYY more minty than most...I need some encouragement that this combo will look nice and "vintage" - kinda funky but in a understated way. Thanks in advance! :headbang:

YES, some browsing...I was specifically wondering if anyone has seen this combo pulled off.  I have also noticed that alot of the "Mary Kay White" jobs are really Reranch or some other non-Warmoth finish, and I REALLY don't want to get MK White if the sample pic on the website is a true representation...realising white is tricky to photograph (very reflective) as well, so I was hoping for someone who actually has a Warmoth MK White finish on Swamp Ash to chime in and say something like, "oh yeah, I thought the same thing looking at that pic on the website, but man...IMO it'll look nice with a mint PGuard",
cause I'm not jumpin' in with both feet right now, but I'd like to.

I don't have a Mary Kay white body, but I have seen several examples on web and on this site. It looks very nice indeed.

Now, I do have a mint green pickguard from Warmoth and its very minty.

IMO it will not look great...but remember this is only my opinion....Why not use Parchment or cream white maybe.

If you're really set on MK white then changing the pickguard, should you not like it, may be the best way forward?

Ted said:
I don't have a Mary Kay white body, but I have seen several examples on web and on this site. It looks very nice indeed.

IMO it will not look great...but remember this is only my opinion....Why not use Parchment or cream white maybe.

If you're really set on MK white then changing the pickguard, should you not like it, may be the best way forward?

+1
Ted.......He speak the truth...

I think mint looks great on white... but is Mary Kay pink? I think he wants a blondish trans white kind of color - -am I right? I bet if you ask Warmoth they might be able to do it for you - or not. Worth a try to ask.

strat4.jpg

my strat... the color is a little off because the wall should be purple, not blue...

Here is a Mary Kaye that I did using lacquer.  I think they look the best with a single ply parchment white guard.

JRodgersS4600.jpg

GoDrex said:
I think mint looks great on white... but is Mary Kay pink? I think he wants a blondish trans white kind of color - -am I right? I bet if you ask Warmoth they might be able to do it for you - or not. Worth a try to ask.
You are right, I'm thinking it is Tansparent white...am I wrong??? I love the way mint looks with that white, is that Olympic White or Alpine White??? I think I'm going to have to ditch the Mary Kay thing, although I do love the idea of seeing that nice Swamp Ash grain peak through.
I do want to thank all for filling me in.

My strat is what Fender calls Arctic white. It's like an off white. I used to have a white pickguard and it was much whiter than the body color. It's sort of cream color or slightly yellowed.

Have you talked to anyone at Warmoth? They might be able to help you out with what you want.

Ted said:

That's probably the best way...does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to return Warmoth stuff?

GoDrex said:
Have you talked to anyone at Warmoth? They might be able to help you out with what you want.
Yes, they said One Size Fits all...no custom variance in Mary Kay finishing...which makes sense to me, you stick with the recipe, like Colonel Saunders! :icon_jokercolor:
I'm thinking Alpine :icon_scratch: or Olympic white :icon_scratch: with a Mint Guard...

My 2c worth...

The Mary Kay white, to me, looks like a washed out white. I have seen some Fender Strats in this colour and they looked dull (not gloss) in their finish - like a stain finish. I would prefer a solid white gloss finish on a Strat.

If you want to get the grain showing through I personally prefer Butterscotch Blonde, but I also would prefer to see that colour on a Tele body and not on a Strat.

I think it's Olympic White on my Tele project then...Maybe Mary Kay on some other project down the road...

Thanks to all for your input!

Back