Is Warmoth factory back to a full workforce?

Don't know for sure, but I suspect that they're as close to normal as the requirements of the state of Washington will allow. Plus whatever their County and City may have decided is in the public's best interest. All they can do really......... :icon_thumright:

Warmoth is back to normal as far as everyone being back at work, and the mountainous backlog of orders being mostly caught up. Wait time for orders is back down to what it was pre 'rona.

We are definitely not back to life as normal when it comes to myriad other things.

Though the backup is largely gone, new orders are still coming in at an unprecedented level. As a result the showcase is at record low levels, which means a greater-than-normal percentage of those new orders are for BTO items. And because BTO orders always take priority we are having a devil of a time replenishing showcase inventory. There just isn't enough manpower to do both. Bringing new people online and getting them up to speed takes half a year, so there really is no easy solution. We continue to do the best we can.

Also, we've had to modify a lot of things to comply with government mandates. Everyone is masked up at all times. Daily disinfecting routines are happening. Departments are kept isolated from one another. Etc. Etc.

All things considered, I guess I would characterize our status as "chugging along".

But normal?

I don't even know what that is anymore.

My shop is open and busy ... Normal? No way.  I don't like it but I like paying the rent so I keep my mouth shut.

Joe .. Are you back at work? 

The one thing that hit me the other day was my wife and are were talking about our inventory of masks in the house.  Do we need to order more?  Are they good enough?  Oh we need to do a laundry load for masks.

Our little mud area where we keep jackets and keys now has it's own area for masks.

I've had to travel a bit here and there and the airports are different.  I have managed some contractors and discussing our "ronacals" as we like to call them are the first thing on the list.  Oh and the testing.  Nothing like getting your brain poked.

rubberduck said:
The one thing that hit me the other day was my wife and are were talking about our inventory of masks in the house.  Do we need to order more?  Are they good enough?  Oh we need to do a laundry load for masks.

Our little mud area where we keep jackets and keys now has it's own area for masks.

I've had to travel a bit here and there and the airports are different.  I have managed some contractors and discussing our "ronacals" as we like to call them are the first thing on the list.  Oh and the testing.  Nothing like getting your brain poked.

I have always marveled at the fact that there does not seem to be any standard in the medical field as to how far they should insert something into one of your orifices... :eek:

PhilHill said:
rubberduck said:

I have always marveled at the fact that there does not seem to be any standard in the medical field as to how far they should insert something into one of your orifices... :eek:

Well, some of those orifices have no standard!

You guys are doing great. It took less than 2 weeks to receive shipping notification for two custom built unfinished bodies (1 Strat, 1 Soloist)

Deleted a bunch of posts that had that potential to get contentious and/or political.

Let's all be friends.  :icon_thumright:

Wolfie351 said:
Any timeline on the assembled anniversary one-offs?

I wish. It's almost certainly gonna be next year.

I have five completed Meadowhawks sitting ten feet from my desk. Five Redshifters currently in production.

That's where it's at right now.

I was hoping to see a new builder with graphics on the website for the body styles such as Hybrid Strat. 
Is there still a possibility it will happen?

JohnnyHardtail said:
I was hoping to see a new builder with graphics on the website for the body styles such as Hybrid Strat. 
Is there still a possibility it will happen?

Yes, it will happen eventually. We already have visual builder created for every body and neck we offer. The website front end is essentially done. The admin side is essentially done too...just trying to get shipping and accounting issues taken care of.

The Aaron said:
Yes, it will happen eventually. We already have visual builder created for every body and neck we offer. The website front end is essentially done. The admin side is essentially done too...just trying to get shipping and accounting issues taken care of.
Sounds good.  I look forward to seeing the results of your work.

Translation:
If we pull the web lackies off packing boxes to go live with a tool that will only create more orders while we're still swamped, we'll only get further behind.

Nice problem to have.

I can attest the guys are cranking out gear at a nice clip. I ordered a rather simple custom solid body with solid color plus a showcase neck. Everything shipped today, exactly 4 weeks from the time of order.

I do have another custom body, chambered, F Hole, contours, solid color, and neck getting a satin finish on order. That order just crossed the 8 week mark. Due to the finish work I fully expected it be done in the 10 week + window.

Back