Is this the first Hybrid Soloist?

Possibly, I have not seen one before, but that doesn't mean, of course, that someone has not done it before.

You have a nice collection of Soloists, look forward to seeing the progress on this one.

I can’t wait to see how it looks when it’s finished! I’ve always loved Santana’s yellow PRS … that’s what this one reminds me of. great project!

hey fresh, you gotta pretty sick style. not everyone can pull off the white overalls no shirt combo, but you give the rest of us hope

now that I think about it, that guy dimebag Darell also had a unique aesthetic (fancy word for "look" or "appearance") but one of the very few other things i know about him is that i bet he never got jumped at 3am in a St Louis back alley scoring a bag of what turned out to be pencil shavings. rip

anyway, i think the tele options have been online for that body for at least as long as ive been a customer, so while its hard to say that urs is the first ever with that config its probably the first shown off on YouTube.com,which is even better imo

There's always a first time for every one. But it's never safe to claim that you did something first.

Full disclosure, I watched some vintage Capt Kirk (William Shatner) stuff before this. 99.99% complete. Just need to find volume and tone knobs that look good, feel good and are light weight.

Okay folks, it is a little quiet at this site so one last post from me on this thread. It really is a testament to Warmoth neck and body quality, consistency and accuracy over the years.

Again, this Soloist hybrid features a 2009 neck installed on a 2023 body and neck fit is perfect. It sits there snug as a bug even without screws.

I bought the 2009 neck on sale in the showcase. Unfinished quartersawn maple with a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and 1 3/4" nut width. A opted for 6100 (super jumbo) Gold frets (Jescar Evo) and a Graphtech Tusq nut. A do have Planet Wave locking tuners that generally snip off the excess string in there.

Setup is as follows using my LMI digital string height gauge. Feeler gauges are okay for spark plugs (no moving parts when measured), but the ridiculous Stew Mac "string action gauge" which is basically an old school ruler, even less accurate than feeler gauges IMO. Stew Mac does sell an analog dial gauge for twice the price of the LMI, but it is way better than their ruler thing.

Per the LMI digital string gauge.

String height at 1st fret: (in mm) E-.021, A-.021, D-.021, G-.018, B-.012, e-.011

Relief at 7th fret: (in mm) .004 for all strings

String height at 12th fret: (in fractions) 1/64 for all strings.

This is maybe the less understood things about Warmoth. The setup potential is way better then virtually any big name out there IMO. The concept with a setup generally speaking is strings as low as possible without fret buzz and without fretting out when bending.

Compare PRS for example.

US factory specs PRS string height at 1st fret low E: 0.6 mm
My Warmoth string height at 1st fret low E: 0.021 mm

US factory specs PRS string relief at 8th fret: 0.2 mm
My Warmoth string relief at 7th fret: .004 mm

US factory specs PRS string height at 12th fret low E: 4/64"
My Warmoth string height at 12th fret low E: 1/64"

Not singling out PRS but they are a big name, super expensive brand despite not being able to line up the figured tops most of the time on their "private stock" bodies.

Okay folks, it is a little quiet at this site so one last post from me on this thread. It really is a testament to Warmoth neck and body quality, consistency and accuracy over the years.

Again, this Soloist hybrid features a 2009 neck installed on a 2023 body and neck fit is perfect. It sits there snug as a bug even without screws.

I bought the 2009 neck on sale in the showcase. Unfinished quartersawn maple with a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and 1 3/4" nut width. A opted for 6100 (super jumbo) Gold frets (Jescar Evo) and a Graphtech Tusq nut. A do have Planet Wave locking tuners that generally snip off the excess string in there.

Setup is as follows using my LMI digital string height gauge. Feeler gauges are okay for spark plugs (no moving parts when measured), but the ridiculous Stew Mac "string action gauge" which is basically an old school ruler, even less accurate than feeler gauges IMO. Stew Mac does sell an analog dial gauge for twice the price of the LMI, but it is way better than their ruler thing.

Per the LMI digital string gauge.

String height at 1st fret: (in mm) E-.021, A-.021, D-.021, G-.018, B-.012, e-.011

Relief at 7th fret: (in mm) .004 for all strings

String height at 12th fret: (in fractions) 1/64 for all strings.

This is maybe the less understood things about Warmoth. The setup potential is way better then virtually any big name out there IMO. The concept with a setup generally speaking is strings as low as possible without fret buzz and without fretting out when bending.

Compare PRS for example.

US factory specs PRS string height at 1st fret low E: 0.6 mm
My Warmoth string height at 1st fret low E: 0.021 mm

US factory specs PRS string relief at 8th fret: 0.2 mm
My Warmoth string relief at 7th fret: .004 mm

US factory specs PRS string height at 12th fret low E: 4/64"
My Warmoth string height at 12th fret low E: 1/64"

Not singling out PRS but they are a big name, super expensive brand despite not being able to line up the figured tops most of the time on their "private stock" bodies.
Seems like your measurements were done in inches not in mm. 0.021mm is basically imperceptible. I’m not really sure any normal measuring tools could produce such a measurement. 0.021” would make sense though. Which is actually 0.53mm and seems reasoanbly close to the PRS measurements you provided. (Multiply the inch measurements by 25.4 to get the mm value).

Seems like your measurements were done in inches not in mm. 0.021mm is basically imperceptible. I’m not really sure any normal measuring tools could produce such a measurement. 0.021” would make sense though. Which is actually 0.53mm and seems reasoanbly close to the PRS measurements you provided. (Multiply the inch measurements by 25.4 to get the mm value).
My thoughts too.
A string relief of 0.004 mm would be extremely hard to measure unless it’s done with some kind of laser or something similar.
0.004 mm is 50(!) times as thin as a 0.008” string - that we all know is really, really slinky.

Back