Is this inspiring any other builds? (Michael Nielsen - Dan Huff James Tyler)

Fender does a good job of sourcing components into an easy to install kit, but they definitely make you pay for it. Maybe if I can find the original source for the push/push switches, fabricate a bracket and then only need to buy the buttons it wouldn’t be so bad. And of course we’ve always got the toggle option. ;)

If you take a look at Mouser for panel mounts similar to what I linked to, you would not need a bracket, they would attach in a similar way that a pot does.

Has anyone seen black/yellow/black pickguard material anywhere?

Attachments

• 01E3E20B-13F8-4CE5-87EA-42BF8F2426B8.jpeg
    01E3E20B-13F8-4CE5-87EA-42BF8F2426B8.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 3
I have not looked but you would need DPDT push-push. A good place to look would be somewhere like Mouser. In a quick search I found this but they have lots of others.

Oddly enough, this came up in my YouTube suggestions.

@stratamania , am I crazy or does it look like the switches are mounted to wooden blocks on the backside of the pickguard? (Or is it a copper colored braxket?)

Also, are you familiar with the pots used? They look different than the CTS ones I’ve used in the past.

It looks like the Demeter preamp fits nicely under the tone control. I was wondering if there would need to be a large cavity routed out like on the Clapton.

@stratamania , am I crazy or does it look like the switches are mounted to wooden blocks on the backside of the pickguard? (Or is it a copper colored braxket?)

It is difficult to see, but I suspect it may be a copper colored bracket as that would also serve to provide ground continuity between the switch cases and the shielding.

I saw a guy make an epoxy swirl pickguard. Stuff is super spendy but if you gotta have a BYB pickguard and don't have a source, you could always go that route

It's a very versatile studio workhorse, but many of those same options can be achieved with a Brian May guitar.
I'm actually gonna be selling my Nigel Strat soon to fund a Brian May purchase.

Still, that's a powerful Strat and Dan Huff is a monster player, was so glad when he released Giant and did his own project, just wish there were many more releases under that project.

I call it the "thumbs up" headstock

That was Lindert,

cwmjkrrxiv8pcjizp4wo.jpg

Back