Iron Maiden walks into a Norwegian bar.....

m4rk0

Epic Member
the Norwegians here are screwed if they pay this much for drinks  :icon_biggrin:

$10 for a pint of Heineken or Guinness  :eek:  (per XE.com)

tumblr_l7cvyrPWqC1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

http://thedailywh.at/post/972783421/3275-bar-tab-of-the-day-iron-maiden-walks-into-a

psst - that's Norwegian dollars...

I once took my work mates out for a night on the town and the bill was about a grand.  and I'm not even Maden!

I once paid $9 for a pint of Guiness here in Québec City. Damn thing wasn't even poured properly. Needless to say, I only went to that bar once.

Screwed? oh yes we are. The price of beer and almost all other types of drinks a grown man/woman might fancy drinking on a night out is ridiculous. You'll end up paying 10-12$ for half a liter of beer.
You can get a pint for ca. 35 kroner(ca 5$). But the quality of service, patrons and the place itself is lacking in those places.
No wonder we norwegians sit at home and get drunk just to hit the town at 24.00 for the last two three drinks before it closes at 02.00. nice!  

A small price to pay for shorter work weeks, higher wages, and paid vacations for part time employees.  $10 beers is where it comes from I guess.

BTW, does Maiden still drink like that? 

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
A small price to pay for shorter work weeks, higher wages, and paid vacations for part time employees.  $10 beers is where it comes from I guess.

BTW, does Maiden still drink like that? 

You're right. We're so privileged up here that we use most of of our spare time finding and complaining about minor issues  :laughing7:. almost a national hobby.
The governments official view on alcohol prices: The primary function of the high taxes on alcohol is to curb the use. The revenues are an added bonus.

I happened to be in Oslo last week and yes: Drinks were very expensive but so was everything else.

riverbluff said:
Recently spent  $8 for .33l of beer in Paris France.  Paid $10 for a pint of beer in Amsterdam
Don't blame Paris or Amsterdam. The dollar just isn't worth much nowadays..  :icon_biggrin:

Dayuuuuuuuuuuum, I could take a few grand over there and live like a king.... :icon_thumright:

Everytime I see this topic in the list it makes me think of a lame joke. Like.....Iron Maiden walks into a Norwegian Bar........................And Bruce says ouch... Lame I know. Anyway it can't be that old because they have Red Bull on the ticket. :eek:ccasion14:

Geez...............  at $10 a beer, smoking marijuana is way cheaper considering how stoned you get with one joint!!!!  And it's a way better buzz anyhow.

Yet another reason to end global plant prohibition

Max said:
It can't be that old because it's from the 10th of this month  :laughing7:

Smart ass kids. :icon_jokercolor:  At least I now realize it wasn't October 8, 2010!!!!

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The European way, some would say the correct way, of placing day/month/year instead of month/day/year.  IDK, I can't translate Norwegian numbers.

How do you go about with your dates of birth? In Sweden we use YY/MM/DD, but when describing which day it is on a piece of paper it's DD/MM -YY. If you would say it out loud it would be 24th of August 2010, for example.

ppfhfff!!! That's nil. Try Zimbabwe. A couple years ago when I was there, I asked a waiter if I could have the highest value Zim printed note that he had in exchange for the USA equivalent. He handed me a $10,000.00 bill! And what's more, he gave it to me for free, saying "It's only worth about ten american cents". Their money is loosing value so fast, it is printed with an expiration date.

Kaoskadosk said:
How do you go about with your dates of birth? In Sweden we use YY/MM/DD, but when describing which day it is on a piece of paper it's DD/MM -YY. If you would say it out loud it would be 24th of August 2010, for example.

In the States, we do dates of birth and describing which day it is the same.  MM/DD/YY or 08/24/10.

Back