Invader

Bare Knuckle Pickups - Warpig

Not sure if the Alnico or Ceramic version, but I'm sure if you send a email for Tim (owner of BKP) he'll answer it properly!

NonsenseTele said:
Bare Knuckle Pickups - Warpig

Not sure if the Alnico or Ceramic version, but I'm sure if you send a email for Tim (owner of BKP) he'll answer it properly!

well, I'd suggest the ceramic version but with the hot wiring. but thats just me ;)

otherwise, the motherbucker is an okay-choice, or the crunchbox by Rio Grande

I almost wanna suggest the dimarzio Evolutions. I've heard some guys play with a pretty heavy tone on those and they really get a nice punchy sound.

Kataar said:
I almost wanna suggest the dimarzio Evolutions. I've heard some guys play with a pretty heavy tone on those and they really get a nice punchy sound.

Don't think will be punchier/heavier/whatever than Invaders... but played just a little with them, so no big knowledge...

Ryan (Rounce55) said:
Any one try the DiMarzio super distortion?

I like the Super D, but it does not sound punchier than the Invader.  Perhaps consider the Tone Zone.

If I wanted something punchy-er and heavier than an invader I'd try some thing with an A8 magnet in it. I haven't tried the Alternative 8 but I bet it can get pretty heavy sounding, if it's anything like the JB8 and Custom8 that I tried. I wish I had known about alnico 8 magnets 20 years ago, when I was doing metal.

I suggest again the Warpig, they are punchier meaner and clearer than the Invader, can't go wrong if you want something on Invader line, but better

NonsenseTele said:
I suggest again the Warpig, they are punchier meaner and clearer than the Invader, can't go wrong if you want something on Invader line, but better

I think I might go with that if I can put a gold cover on it.

Ryan (Rounce55) said:
I think I might go with that if I can put a gold cover on it.

You can.... if I'm not wrong you can ask with double screw row or single... But I'm not sure if will have an upcharge...

Also with regards to the warpig, if you are into de tuning, get the ceramic magnets, otherwise the the A5's will sound fine.  The ceramics really work well with keeping low frequencies from farting out.  The Alnico's generally have a bit more warmth, but that starts to work against you with the detuning.  I dunno, all the metal guys I know want that razor blade precision for fast notes and detuning.  And everything I have heard out of those pickups sounds really mean.
Patrick

Patrick from Davis said:
  The ceramics really work well with keeping low frequencies from farting out. 

Alnico 8's work even better in this regard, IMO.

If you ask Tim, he'll make them with A8's and probably will tell you why he prefers A5's or Ceramics, or not.  You can get them made any which way you like, that is another really cool thing about BKP's.  But, Tim really knows which magnets and which pickups will sound best for the sound you are after.  I am not sure if his pickups behave differently than the Duncan's or DiMarzio's with different magnets, but I can see how that might be the case.
Patrick

Back