In search of Smoked Chrome

markymark

Hey guys! I'm fairly new around here, and i was wondering if anyone here knows where i can get my hands on any smoked chrome hardware? i saw a smoked chrome (or black nickel) kahler on a guitar one time and was completely dazzled by it. so if anyone knows where to find anything smoked chrome (besides the warmoth decal!) that would be fantastic! Thanks

-Markus

Some Gotoh parts come in "Cosmo Black".  Otherwise, Its a tough color to come by new.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Gotoh_Mini_510_Tuners_with_Ivoroid_Plastic_Knobs_3L3R.html

I'm a huge fan of smoked chrome (or black chrome, or hard chrome, or so forth) as well. Most of the brands of tuners I've looked at (check schaller) have this as an option, same goes forat least several of the big brands of bridges - and knobs are pretty easy to find. What I REALLY want/need to find myself are some smoke chrome toggles and mini-toggles (the entire thing being smoked chrome, nut, washer, etc). I'd hate to have aguitar done up in all smoke chrome and then have a couple reg-chrome mini toggles popping out at me!

Alas, I've never come across any...

AToE said:
I'm a huge fan of smoked chrome (or black chrome, or hard chrome, or so forth) as well. Most of the brands of tuners I've looked at (check schaller) have this as an option, same goes forat least several of the big brands of bridges - and knobs are pretty easy to find. What I REALLY want/need to find myself are some smoke chrome toggles and mini-toggles (the entire thing being smoked chrome, nut, washer, etc). I'd hate to have aguitar done up in all smoke chrome and then have a couple reg-chrome mini toggles popping out at me!

Alas, I've never come across any...

yeah i've seen the smoked chrome look that schaller provides, also know as "ruthenium" and that looks very nice. but i still can't seem to find anything at all on the internet with smoked chrome except for tuning machines. you know of any sites?

Well if you're into Kahler tremolos I pretty sure they do customs now and they might just make you one with smoked crome.

I have 2 smoked chrome neck plates..They're actually called Cosmo black... :icon_biggrin:

Well, first yer gonna need a bonfire....

or

Dude, will that give you a good buzz?

Sorry... I had to....

Vol. Knob said:
Well, first yer gonna need a bonfire....

or

Dude, will that give you a good buzz?

Sorry... I had to....
Smoked chrome is usually good with some tangy honey BBQ sauce....

I bit of warning about the cosmo(smoke black) hardware.  My Ibanez RG has the cosmo black, and only took a few weeks for it to wear off the tremolo where I rest my hand.  It's a very thin coating on regular chrome that will wear off rather quick. 

Now this is my first cosmo black experience so it might just be an Ibanez issue, but I've also heard of gold hardware from other mfgs rubbing off fast as well.  But it sure fills the gap when chrome would be bright, and black too,,,,,well black. :)

Back