I'm sick

hannaugh

Master Member
I've been sick since the day I got my LP from UPS.  I think my fiance gave me strep throat or something.  My voice has been getting worse and worse for the last 2 days.  I really hope it's just a cold because I have work on Monday and I hate missing work.  The worst part is that I want to work on my LP, but I'm totally out of it and hopped up on cold meds, so I'm avoiding it because I don't want to make a mistake. :sad:

That sucks, I was sick about a week ago with a sore throat too. Get some lemons and ad the juice of one lemon to a cup boiling water and add enough honey to your liking. And eat a really really hot curry also (Green Jungle Curry
114.gif
).

Should make you feel a bit better.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Get some lemons....

Cut the lemons in slices, like a cookie.
Put it on a glass with sugar and then with a pestle, mash them together.
Put some ice, put Cachaça. Stir.
Have fun :)

caipirinha.jpg

If it don't fix the sore throat, at least it will make you fell better ^^

Connor, you'll have to wait a little for it :)

I woke up today with the same old head cold, but now I also have a chest cold.  Lucky me! 

When I used to drink alcohol, and had a cold brewing, I'd have a belt or two of Overproof Rum -the strongest you could get your hands on.

If the alcohol content didn't kill the germs, at least you'd have a happy time trying to get rid of it! :eek:ccasion14: :tard:

Okay I conked out for 3 hours, and when I woke up I felt better.  But my voice is still non-existent. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipirinha

hmmm..  :headbang:

I'm sorry you are sick.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOOEar1woto[/youtube]

It IS tasty... It's just a pity that it's so hard to find a place where they make them really well...

ByteFrenzy said:
It IS tasty... It's just a pity that it's so hard to find a place where they make them really well...

You'd better buy some cachaça and try make it by yourself... I can sell some to you, if you want :evil4:

Have you tried Airborne??Or however the hell its spelled..It seems to work for me and everyone in my office..I am located in dreaded New England and its a frequent thing for people to be "down with the sickness" around here..Anyway,its worth a shot..You just add a packet to water and drink...

I am constantly doing the Airborne thing and the Zicam.  9 times out of 10 if I'm feeling a cold coming on, I take those and it either goes away or I only have it for 24 hours.  Since I work with kids, I get exposed to illness constantly, so that stuff has really been a godsend. 

This time, however, it was like trying to kill an elephant with a water pistol. The germs just laughed. This is day 6 of being sick.  The main problem is that my voice is gone and I can't teach my classes with no voice.  I don't know what I came down with, but it's hardcore. 

Back