I'm really an addict....

Orpheo

as many of you here know, I'm a les paul-addict. but yesterday, I got some realisation. I don't like my gibsons. actually, I loath them. after having sold last march, I'm selling now again 50% of my gibson-collection, just because I don't play them (and added bonus, I can buy 2 new warmoth les pauls for them instead). my first custom and the studio my grandmother gave me wont go, but the rest... bye bye!

whom of you has had the same thing, selling the non-warmoth stuff cause warmoth is just better?

I've not sold anything since I built my warmoth (strictly speaking it's a halfmoth but my point still stands) however it has triggered a tendency to tweak things, my lapsteel got a new pickup, I keep thinking about new pickups for my Steinberger (anything would be better than EMG selects). I could see myself selling my Epi SG if I built a replacement but the stock guitar with really heavy strings tuned to drop A provides a simply fantastic doom/drone metal sound (probably due to the stock pickups being so muddy) that I really like so for that reason alone it's unlikely that the Epi will go. Plus it was the first guitar I bought with my own money (as opposed to birthday/christmas presents as the previous guitars I had owned were) so it has got some sentimental value.

It's annoyingly difficult for me to part with any ananimate object, especially if I have some kind of emotional attachment to it. That said, I have not yet built a Warmoth and generally like my guitars (except the Schecter Tempest - anyone interested?)
Still, I think I probably would sell any guitar I didn't play. Instruments should be played, they work differently from books/films/albums.

jimh said:
Orpheo,  Have you Crimsons turned up yet?

are coming up soon. the first one is done, and will arrive in september (on my request, cause for the following 3 weeks, I don't even have time to play guitar due to my new job, and after that, in august, I'll be on vacation for 3 weeks....)

kboman said:
I think I probably would sell any guitar I didn't play. Instruments should be played, they work differently from books/films/albums.
I agree.  Unless its something rare or special in some way, I like to trim down if I never play it.  I figure someone out there can give it the love I don't.

Blue313 said:
kboman said:
I think I probably would sell any guitar I didn't play. Instruments should be played, they work differently from books/films/albums.
I agree.  Unless its something rare or special in some way, I like to trim down if I never play it.  I figure someone out there can give it the love I don't.

Yep.  I've always done this. 

I'm now considering selling my Rickenbackers just because I just don't touch them anymore.

Orpheo said:
as many of you here know, I'm a les paul-addict. but yesterday, I got some realisation. I don't like my gibsons. actually, I loath them. after having sold last march, I'm selling now again 50% of my gibson-collection, just because I don't play them (and added bonus, I can buy 2 new warmoth les pauls for them instead). my first custom and the studio my grandmother gave me wont go, but the rest... bye bye!

whom of you has had the same thing, selling the non-warmoth stuff cause warmoth is just better?

any explorers or v's?

smavridis said:
Orpheo said:

any explorers or v's?

sold them, cause I prefer les pauls :)

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
jimh said:
Orpheo,  Have you Crimsons turned up yet?

Once again, separated by a common language.  Translation?

Sorry STDC....

Crimson guitars are a UK based custom builder

http://www.crimsonguitars.com/home.html

Orpheo has a couple of builds on order, and I was wondering on the progress.  You should read Ben's (Crimson's main man) workshop diary.  Walks you through the various stages of build of teh projects he's working on at any one time,  including Orpheo's.

Seems like a really nice guy, and the work he does looks really good, and different.

With a bit of luck, I can buy 2 new warmoth's tomorrow, cause someone's buying the 2 customs!

I'm in doubt though... should I go with transparant green + transparant blue, or should I get the koa/mahogany and the walnut/walnut, in the showcase?

Orpheo said:
With a bit of luck, I can buy 2 new warmoth's tomorrow, cause someone's buying the 2 customs!

I'm in doubt though... should I go with transparant green + transparant blue, or should I get the koa/mahogany and the walnut/walnut, in the showcase?

trans is beautiful

I can't decide wether or not I am blown away by a blue les paul + green les paul. my twisted mind 'needs' to have a green if I have a blue one, and vice versa one cannot live without the other.besides, I've got a shitload of pickups at home which have to be used  :laughing7:

Back