Ignore Users

dbw

Master Member
Please implement an Ignore Users feature on this board.  If I have to read certain people's idiotic crap any more I'm not going to be able to stand this board.

I admit that yea, I'd like that too.

... hope it's not me that's spouting the idiotic crap that dbw is talking about

There was a mod for this - but it's currently out of date and doesn't seem to work with this version of the message board software. I just tried it. It hasn't been updated since 2007

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

It says the last supported version is for 1.1.3 - - this is 1.1.8

oh well - guess you're just going to exercise some restraint. :laughing7:

or write your own mod...

or I think they'll have to upgrade the board to 2.x

Not a bad idea cuz all the whining by certain childish members here when they see opinions they don't like (i.e. stomp feet, throw tantrum, ad hominem attacks) gets really old for several of us.

It's either that or learn to put up with differing opinions.

Or leave.

I'll look in to upgrades for the board.

In the interim, I would encourage cool heads and self-restraint.

Wyliee said:
In the interim, I would encourage cool heads and self-restraint.

+1  If you don't agree with someone on the internet, the best thing to do is just ignore them.

Another idea is if the board has guidelines about political threads then members who have been here for over a year should lead by example and not start or post in political threads and IF they do they should have thick enough skin to be able to handle the discussion as opposed to going and crying about an Ignore feature. Let's leave the Crybaby plugged into the guitar and not the board because I doubt the Admins are getting paid to babysit.

We're all adults so let's be direct and get to the point: this thread is about me, period.

The author of this thread has had an issue with me from my 1st post where I was flamed and subsequently told to get over it as this is a "lighthearted board" so it's beyond amusing to see this... flaming is OK but having to "learn to put up with differing opinions" on a "lighthearted board" is just too much to ask. When I was called an egghead and demonized because I read things in order to speak intelligently and debunk asinine statements no one saw me whining about leaving or mean ol' members because I've already been informed and accepted the "lighthearted" nature of this board. If someone starts a discussion they can't finish because they don't know anything it's not the Admins problem to save them from themselves and the "egghead" who called out their garbage and an adult should be able to handle themselves without nailing themselves to a cross.

If members keep their threads and posts in compliance of the board's guidelines Admins will neither have to be bothered cleaning up their messes anymore than being bothered to acquiesce ultimatums from said members when their perceived entitlement exempting them from the guidelines leads to a discussion they can neither handle nor apparently tolerate without the Admins updating the board and installing an ignore mod so they can do all the tough guy cowboy talk when they're obviously too light in the ass to read the responses without emulating my 19-month old. Don't post defamatory posts maligning liberals and you won't have to worry about this liberal jamming your ideas back where you pulled them out of because if Admins allow the posts/threads to stay online while everyone else posts I see that as permission to respond... within reason.

"Methinks he doth protest too much." - Queen Gertrude, Hamlet

CT, this is not about you, I'm pretty sure. Sheesh man you just joined up, you did your mea culpa thing, no biggie. This has been going on for some time now, and there are multiple deleted threads out there I'm sure you haven't seen.

as one who's been here a while, I've seen some threads that became uncomfortable, I was involved in a few I'm sure, But things have never gotten so bad that I wanted to ignore someone. You might ignore someone over 1 idea, and really miss out on other constructive input from that guy.

Some of us come home after a bad day, and bring it here unfortunatly, My point is this, if they give us an ignore button, please use restraint, I think most of us here are good people with good intent

Crimethink, sorry to harsh your rant, it was very cool with the Shakespeare and all, but I don't think anyone was talking to you.  If we really want to cut the crap and say it outright, my post was about SL and his was about me.  I've been in the wrong here, and SL is totally right that I've been making pointless ad hominem attacks.  The policy debate has been argued so many times on the internet, by me and others, that I didn't want to type it again, so I skipped right to the insults, which are the really fun part anyway. :p  It's not like we're actually going to convince each other.  That's why it would help me, anyway, if we could ignore certain users who rub us the wrong way.  Until then I'm trying this crazy new thing I just heard about called "self-control."  :help:

Big +1 to Alfang, that was a shitty day at work.  Today I'm in a good mood, as you can see by my equivocating :p

Remember:  It's just the internet.

We all go home, drink beer (rum 'n' coke for me) and it ain't no thang.

I don't hate anyone here... well, 'cept those pesky righties.

I wouldn't have believed it from another post, but he did it again, brought politics into this thread. SL dude lighten up.  I'm as right as they come and I usually leave that to myself. 

I wanna change my vote to "Give me an ignore button"  cuz i got a customer, good grief SL.

Unfortunately, I think his reference to "righties" was to those of us who are right handed. 

DocNrock said:
Unfortunately, I think his reference to "righties" was to those of us who are right handed.  

Bingo.

And it should be very evident that I'm conservative.   :laughing7:

I guess straight-faced humor isn't so apparent on the internet.

"Tough crowd, tough crowd...  but seriously, folks!"  LOL

Superlizard said:
Remember:  It's just the internet.

We all go home, drink beer (rum 'n' coke for me) and it ain't no thang.

+1, gotta keep all this in perspective :)  (Lefty weirdo ;))

Oh , My Bad LOL sorry Lizard man.

And I wanna say that I don't see any of this thread pointing to crimethink,  You gotta guilry conscience

Alfang said:
And I wanna say that I don't see any of this thread pointing to crimethink,  You gotta guilry conscience
Uh.... because the "Wake Up America" thread got deleted... like the Arlen "Magic Bullet" Specter thread got deleted... if there's others I don't remember. I have 42 posts but you don't see 42 posts when you look at my post history do you?
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2149;sa=showPosts

42 (my total post count) - 31 (my posts still on the board) = how many posts missing? 
light.gif

I neither have a guilty nor a "guilry" conscience.  :icon_biggrin:

Whatever investigation you did (if any) this is what I did:
1. Click on my profile
2. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Show the last posts of this person."
3. Count

I discussed politics this week just not here. Unless I see something again resembling, "Libruls are __________, ___________ and ___________ while conservatives fart Febreeze, walk on water, etc." I'm not wasting my time. While it's fun to use actual facts to debate and debunk faith-based illusions it's also the epitome of futility. lmao

Hey, CT, I've got posts missing too, but nobody's wanting an ignore feature because of me either  :icon_thumright:
Hey, guys, howsabout them guitars?

Back