If you could add any Body/Neck Option(s) to Warmoth's selection..

70's Startcaster Shape and Headstock
Thinlines for more bodies (Jazzmaster and Jaguar)
Binding on the headstocks
Binding on the f holes
Strat style output jack on Vees (not on the face of the guitar, but in the side) both on lower and upper wings (like the Jackson ones)

Patrick

Jeremiah said:
Actually, forget everything else I've said. A 35" scale conversion neck for 4 string and standard 5 string basses would be awesome.

+1

Also, I want multi-laminated neck options.

Wyliee said:
'Burn Unit' signature headstock

+1.  This is badass
004.JPG

Also +1 on the VIP bass & expanded bridge options for the shortscales.

I don't think it's particularly cool to make someone's custom creation a stock option, at least not without their blessing.

Even if it is badass.

Bagman67 said:
Between the snazzy duct-tape finish and the bottle opener, I think this is Warmoth's wave of the future:

DSC00141.jpg
He's just protecting the finish, but he could get creative..
HD_3106_L.jpg

hannaugh said:
Starcaster!  Sorry, someone had to say it.
I think the vote tally on that is at three, now, and I'm sure I've seen it mentioned before in threads like these. Didn't someone on here make one? It's got to be one of the most-requested body styles outside of your usual super-Strat.

JaySwear said:
Definitely. I love the Jaguar shape but find the controls a little backwards and overly complicated for my needs. I'd love to make a Warmoth version, but my options are seriously limited.
Fender do at least now make the Blacktop Jaguar, which has two humbuckers or two P-90s, tune-o and stopbar bridge and a fuller pickguard with no additional controls on it other than the pickup selector, volume and tone. I was rather hoping that since that has become such a popular model for Fender that Warmoth might start offering their own variant.

DangerousR6 said:
HD_3106_L.jpg

That's honestly kinda cool - the next time I build/mod a junk guitar, I'll consider doing that.  Rainbow striped duct tape would be somewhat reminiscent of this.  :laughing7:

Okay, how about LP type control routs on let's say, a rear rout Strat or Jaguar.

I'm an old fart so I need two humbuckers, two volumes, two tones and a three way toggle switch. While we're at it, a hollow Strat or Jaguar. And TOM w/ Stop tail/angled pocket on more body shapes.

One more: Carved top Tele or any body, for that matter. If you specify binding, you have the option if you go for Gold top gold on the face, you can go with a transparent clear or tint (red, brown, amber) for the back. Carved top bodies should have the option for plain maple for the cap to go with the Gold top gold. No use wasting expensive flame or quilt maple wood that you can't see under a gold top.

The Old Warhorse

ihnpts said:
DangerousR6 said:
HD_3106_L.jpg

That's honestly kinda cool - the next time I build/mod a junk guitar, I'll consider doing that.  Rainbow striped duct tape would be somewhat reminiscent of this.  :laughing7:

Silver Duct Tape = Indian Chrome. :dontknow:

raystankewitz said:
One more: Carved top Tele or any body, for that matter. If you specify binding, you have the option if you go for Gold top gold on the face, you can go with a transparent clear or tint (red, brown, amber) for the back. Carved top bodies should have the option for plain maple for the cap to go with the Gold top gold. No use wasting expensive flame or quilt maple wood that you can't see under a gold top.

The Old Warhorse

Agreed! Plain maple was a choice for LP bodies, but isn't for anything else (as far as I know) yet. People love their maple caps, even under solid finishes. And to be honest I love a good plain maple top over many flames or quilts myself.

I'd really like to see body thickness become an option for regular bodies, and not just SGs. Or possibly a thinner, modded Soloist, similar to an Ibanez S series.

Back