If I win the waffle I will...

exaN

Post here what you're going to do with the money if you win!

I'm thorned between a vintage white SG or a cherry burst carved top LPS.

A few ideas:

Baritone Jazzmaster / Musiclander / Z-Body

Carved goldtop LP / LPS / VIP

Necks and hardware for a 12-String Tele and 62 Duo-Sonic

:sad:

Black Korina Strat with Gonçalo Alves neck, Macassar Ebony fingerboard and rosewood or koa headstock veneer...

a 12 string guitar (not sure if tele, strat, jazzmaster, SG...)

NOT build an L5S.  :icon_biggrin:

Carved top flame maple/mahogany LP or VIP in fireburst/clear gloss back, goncalo warmoth neck

Something like this:

Still not sold on the binding or the inculsion of a tone control that I'll probably never use, but that's the general idea I'm going for.

Either a Jazz bass with a Wenge/Ebony neck, rear routed Walnut body with a single MM pickup in the sweetspot and no pickguard, or perhaps the Strat I've always wanted. The specs of which I've never bothered to figure out, but it would include a raw exotic neck, an SSH or SXH pickup configuration, and a full floating bridge.

There is always the fretless Strat plan as well.

Edit: 3000th post! :headbang1:

Basswood soloist, quilt maple top, 24 fret flame maple neck w/ no dots.  :icon_thumright:

Something like this (7/8 scale. Swamp ash w. Canary Lam Top, BBY burst, Cream binding, Canary-Pau-Ferro neck, Clapton electronics, SRV contour, blah blah blah . . . .)

IF i win.

Attachments

• Picture 23.png
    Picture 23.png
    119 KB · Views: 317
B3Guy said:
Something like this (7/8 scale. Swamp ash w. Canary Lam Top, BBY burst, Cream binding, Canary-Pau-Ferro neck, Clapton electronics, SRV contour, blah blah blah . . . .)

IF i win.

Is that even possible in short scale?

I am not sure what I would build, but I do know I want to do one of the exotics that you can leave raw for the neck.  I have never played something like that and I think it would be cool to have.

line6man said:
B3Guy said:

IF i win.

Is that even possible in short scale?

oh, sorry. that's a wrong picture. just 3 singlecoils w. EC electronics. that's another one i'd like to try sometime, though. close fit, and the pups might have to be custome made for it (the singlecoil ones would have to be EMG-sized, without the stupid bump out one end,  but I think it would work.)

1.)  3A Birdseye Maple Warmoth Pro with Warmoth Angled headstock and Tele neck heel.  No Facedots, 1 11/16 nut width, '59 Roundback.
2.)  P-Bass body.  Mahogany finished in Charcoal Mist Metallic with Black Pearl PG.  will put existing Wenge/Ebony neck on
3.)  Maple/Ziricote J-Bass neck with block fret markers and binding to go on existing Sunset orange J-Bass
4.)  Apply leftover funds to a Bass6 project.

Short scale Jazz bass or my mahogany 1910s themed Telecaster idea with the Mucha picture laser etched on the back. Or a Jaguar...

hannaugh said:
Short scale Jazz bass or my mahogany 1910s themed Telecaster idea with the Mucha picture laser etched on the back. Or a Jaguar...

Gotta love A. Mucha!

Last year, I was thinking about a jagstang.  Funny how you listen to a few albums, and you change your mind.

This year, I'm thinking if I win, it's either a sustainiac-equipped iceman,  or maybe a z-body with a humbucker neck and tele bridge. Something different.

If I win the waffle I will................................

drum roll please.......................................

Build a Warmoth.  :icon_jokercolor:

And it will be bitchin'!!!!  :headbang1:

Back