If I win the waffle I will...

The Cardigan Guy said:
kböman said:
The Cardigan Guy said:
Wilkinson with a well cut nut is better!

That's what she said... And I really don't see what all the fuss is about with the cardigan. Looks much better than some random washed out band t-shirt from a hundred years ago, surely? :dontknow:
Thank you!
[youtube=425,350]uaFy0x_Uixo[/youtube]
Why-dont-we-hop-over-to-mamby-pamby-land-where-maybe-we-can-find-some-self-confidence-for-you-you-ja.jpg
work.6277521.1.fig,light_pink,mens,fbfbfb.mamby-pamby-land-t-shirt-v3.jpg

As much as you guys seem to be enjoying your fashion discussion, I'll be putting this thread back on track and say that Jalane has got me thinking of Jazzmasters...

Maybe a trans green on swamp ash with black burstover, matching headstock finish, goncalo neck w/ziricote fretboard, black/white/black pickguard, cream pickups (lollar P-90) and knobs.

I didn't win the mega millions last night so maybe I used my luck all up on the waffles. :)

Oh pooey, this forum is all about thread derailment remember? :icon_jokercolor:

I know pretty much exactly what I'm building if I should have the luck of the belgians. Hint: It's an LP... :headbang1:

I've been debating building a Jazzmaster, too. I'm not that enamoured of them, but one of my brothers is. His first "real" guitar was a Jazzmaster, and he regrets to this day letting go of it. He's been unemployed for a while now and had to hock his latest guitar, which ended up staying in long enough that it defaulted and he lost it, so it'd be a great morale booster if I surprised him with one for his birthday. Especially a Warmoth version that would kick his original one's ass all over the place. Put a decent bridge on it, get rid of some of the goofy controls, some nice frets on an exotic neck... what would be wrong with that?

Cagey said:
I've been debating building a Jazzmaster, too. I'm not that enamoured of them, but one of my brothers is. His first "real" guitar was a Jazzmaster, and he regrets to this day letting go of it. He's been unemployed for a while now and had to hock his latest guitar, which ended up staying in long enough that it defaulted and he lost it, so it'd be a great morale booster if I surprised him with one for his birthday. Especially a Warmoth version that would kick his original one's ass all over the place. Put a decent bridge on it, get rid of some of the goofy controls, some nice frets on an exotic neck... what would be wrong with that?

Only issue I see is that it wouldn't be yours. :)

Well, it'd still be in the family. I have a couple brothers who play guitar, and we pawn guitars off on each other all the time. We just have an understanding that the original owner gets right of first refusal if it has to go up for sale for some reason. Works out well, in that we get to have more instruments than we would have otherwise, since we sell them to each other at "family" prices, and we always have the opportunity to get them back.

The Cardigan Guy said:
I think I'd buy a couple of these!

Not that I don't have one already
:laughing7:

moods-of-norway-14393-sivert-melange-tractor-star.jpg

moods-of-norway-14392-sivert-melange-tractor-star.jpg

:eek:ccasion14:

Daniel Tosh is jealous...

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Depending on the final amount I'd build one of the following...

1) Sonic Blue Hardtail Strat
2) Candy Purple double-bound Tele
3) Blue Sparkle Iceman
4) Shell Pink Strat
5) Charger Green Super Strat

P.S. Sorry, I had to repost the cardigan and mention Daniel Tosh

tubby.twins said:
hannaugh said:
Mmmm, maybe I would get this and a pau ferro neck to go with it.

Nice body, but I think Pau Ferro might clash with this wood.  Here's a neck I would recommend:
BN3190A.jpg

BN3190B.jpg

That would be downright sexy.  :icon_biggrin:

Cagey said:

As long as you still post pics of it in the forum, it's cool.  At least half of the reason I come here is to see pictures of cool guitars.

tubby.twins said:
hannaugh said:

Nice body, but I think Pau Ferro might clash with this wood.  Here's a neck I would recommend:
BN3190A.jpg

BN3190B.jpg

I'm very fond of padouk as well.  I was debating between padouk and pau ferro because pau ferro feels so nice. 

hannaugh said:
tubby.twins said:
hannaugh said:

BN3190A.jpg

BN3190B.jpg

I'm very fond of padouk as well.  I was debating between padouk and pau ferro because pau ferro feels so nice. 
Whether I win or not, I've got a build rolling around in my head to do, and it involves either padouk or bloodwood and wenge. Not sure what body I'm going to do yet, I've 2 custom things in mind, but which ever it is, it will be off the chain with awesomness... :party07:

Back