I saw Bon Jovi last night...

erogenousjones17

...and I'm not ashamed to admit that I had a great time! :icon_biggrin:

Their newer songs are admittedly rather bland, but the old stuff makes for a great show. There were 80,000 of us in the crowd, and I was really surprised to see some really young people getting into it and even knowing all the words.

And who knew that Sambora could shred? Is this a new thing or am I out of the loop? Sure, his solos were by times a bit tuneless and overly flashy, but he sure threw a lot of notes out there. :laughing7:

dude, sambora can shred...
his tone in the early 90's was steller...
i modelled a strat after his signature model...hss...paf pro and a couple of tex specials...and a floyd :headbang1:

i find his tone now lacking...the esps just don't do it for me...oh well...glad you had a great time...i can't wait for them to roll through toronto again...

oh, and sambora is coming out with a new solo project this year...i quite enjoyed stranger in this town...you should check it out if you haven't already...his best and most stunning guitar work in on that album

cheers!

Yeah Sambora did some awesome stuff in that band in the early 90's. Since then, it's all be crap. Boring. But he had some *cool* shredding, which isn't all that easy to come by.

He almost seemed to be channelling Zakk Wylde last night--mondo distortion and pinch harmonics a go-go.  :laughing7:

He played his sig Strat a few times, but on most songs he had a really sweet-looking honey LP. And then out comes a big ol' double-neck Tele.

speaking of shredding.... I saw Dream Theater last night... John Petrucci Melted my face off!!!! (still trying to put it back on)

picture of my melted face?? :)

DreamTheater2012037.jpg

ok, sorry about the hijack.. back to Richie Sambora!!!

Bon Jovi rocks and I'm not afraid to say it either.  :binkybaby:

Also, Petrucci is god, he melts my face everytime I see them.

John St. Jelly said:
Saw Aerosmith last night. Dudes still rock, but damn are they ugly.

Hell yeah, I saw them open up for Motley Crue and they stole the show.

Back