I Hope its worth it.

JimBeed

Well spent the past hour making sure the series/parallel switch for my bass diagram is shown as proper wires going where they need, and because of how hard it was to find out which wire out of red and green meant north and south for the second coil on my muy grande powerbucker i kept thinking i had them shown up as wrong in the wiring, but as seymour duncan use the same colours im guessing that the red and the green are the same for both companies, so found out my diagram was correct already  :doh:
However did find i needed to swap the output and input lugs of the volume controls to make sure each could be controlled independantly when the toggle switch is set to both, and that the tone control can have the capacitor soldered to either the right lug or the middle lug.
Confused myself all for nothing it seems, however i have been able to find out about changes i should make now so that i dont get confused when the electronics are all in the body.
i know having independant controls for when both are on is a bit overkill, but i might want a low volume humbucker with a high volume jazz, or vice versa :D

JimBeed said:
However did find i needed to swap the output and input lugs of the volume controls to make sure each could be controlled independantly when the toggle switch is set to both

If you have a pickup selector switch, you will want to have the outputs wired to the wiper terminals, not the inputs. This way, the resistance varies against the output, not the pickup, which would cause a variable impedance loading effect on the pickup as you adjust the volume.

With a regular Jazz bass VVT setup, you have no choice but to wire the pickups to the wiper, because otherwise soloing one pickup would mute the output, but with a pickup selector switch, you can still blend the pickups as long as you don't solo one when both are selected.

ITs a three way toggle switch wired after the volumes, for neck/both/bridge,
Well basically i meant putting the input on the outside terminal and the output on the inside terminal next to the input and the ground lug. So thats correct?
Ive got a basic to decent understanding of everything now, but just wanted to clarify what you said to what i found to do on stew macs free advice bit.

JimBeed said:
ITs a three way toggle switch wired after the volumes, for neck/both/bridge,
Well basically i meant putting the input on the outside terminal and the output on the inside terminal next to the input and the ground lug. So thats correct?
Ive got a basic to decent understanding of everything now, but just wanted to clarify what you said to what i found to do on stew macs free advice bit.

VVT3 wiring goes like this:
4115652797_6076c6fa55_o.png

Ah ok thanks, i didnt realise that was the diagram for what im doing till you pointed out it was this time round :/
Thanks very much ill modify what im doing to include that, and well it also includes a push pull but i know how to do that for the bridge volume for series parrallel, just need rio grande to confirm there pickup wire colouring for me,
Thanks for your help sorry i didnt realise thats all i needed from the start,

Back