I can't believe what I just got!

rahimiiii

I ordered a plain maple SRV contour vintage modern neck... look what the postman brought me today...

I never seen this much figure in any plain maple neck I ordered...

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Sounds like the same deal I got with my "plain maple" neck.  It has some of the most gorgeous flaming I've ever seen, that just keeps getting better the more it ages.

That thing look like it's got more Bird's Eyes, than my Bird's Eye fatback.

Looks great. Love the MOP/Abalone position markers by the way.
Nice one.

willyk said:
That's a killer! What are you going to finish it with?

tru-oil... I got a friend to smuggle one here for me...

This is second coat of tru oil. The picture doesn't do it justice. I was going to stain it with stewmac vintage amber but I don't want to wait for it to arrive and also I hate staining bare wood... too much opportunity to mess up and the sealer on Warmoth necks will make staining really hard. Also, I really like just a natural maple look rather than all this yellow necks out there..

IMG_0033.jpg

The picture really doesn't do it justice...

Dude - Get somebody to smuggle some ReRanch Fender Neck Amber to shoot that with and really make the graining/birdseye pop out before you put a top coat on it.

Did you order the abalone inlays, too, or was someone in the Warmoth shipping dept. smoking lunch? Looks like at least AAA birdseye from what I see...

I ordered the abalone inlay. I will leave it at tru oil because I really like the way they feel. Lacquer feels sticky when it's glossy.

The Fender Neck Amber is pure toner for color, no lacquer in it. You can put Tru-oil/Tung Oil on it for a top coat.

However the neck amber still requires a topcoat and it would be hard to use tru oil if you wipe it on, wouldn't that make the result streaky? Unless of course you rub it into the unsealed wood but its too late for that now...

rahimiiii said:
However the neck amber still requires a topcoat and it would be hard to use tru oil if you wipe it on, wouldn't that make the result streaky? Unless of course you rub it into the unsealed wood but its too late for that now...

Not as long as you let it dry completely before applying the Tru-oil

Back