i blame you guys

rightintheface

so. i had it all planned out. rear-route hollow black korina tele, tung oiled. wenge/ebony jackson 25-1/2" neck, raw. 2 humbuckers, middle p-90. all black hardware.

and now it begins. the warmothoholia is setting in (before i have even made a purchase).

now what's ALSO on my mind is a rear-route ziricote topped mahogany (or full walnut) musiclander, clear gloss. gold hardware. 2 humbucker-sized p-90s. possibly tele controls/control cover. raw wenge/ebony warmoth 25-1/2" neck.

and so the madness has set in. how can i make the decision?? pro's for the musiclander is that a warmoth neck can come straight off the showcase. ain't seen any wenge jackson necks before... anyone got a two cents worth? i reckon they're both pretty original, no?

may god have mercy on me and my bank account.

LOL, having just been there myself and draining my bank account, I feel your pain...

In speaking with the guys I jam with, they said go custom all the way (which I did) and I believe that too. If you are paying the $$$, get what you want.

2 cents - Exotics rock!

- Storm

Hahaha, I believe that there are defenitely some of the beginning symptoms of a Warmoth addiction.. :icon_biggrin:
See if you match any of the other symptoms: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=859.0 :)

Also, my Wenge/Ebony neck is one of my absolute favorites! you won't regret it! and yes, your design is quite original! can't wait to see the pics!

rightintheface said:
... rear-route hollow black korina tele, tung oiled. wenge/ebony jackson 25-1/2" neck, raw. 2 humbuckers, middle p-90. all black hardware.
This seems great to me, except the black hardware...
You can't get a hollow musiclander and I don't like the shape...:icon_smile:

my mind is pretty much set onthe wenge/ebony combo. if i go the tele with jackson head, it will either have shark fins or block inlays, still unsure. however, if a nice wenge/ebony tele neck comes up in the showcase, i just may ditch the jackson. although it would be kinda bad-ass...

oh and kostas, i'm kinda tossing up with the black hardware too. i'm ducking around willyk's place sometime soon to check out his collection, so i'll gt to see how the black korina looks with shinier appointments. i was thinking black hardware with chrome pickups or something, to break it up a little.

oh yeah, forgot to mention the idea of the 12 string hollow lp, or possibly a double neck tele

pretty sure i'm going insane  :)

nathan_condon_lrg.jpg
by Nathan Condon at the Warmoth Gallery  :icon_biggrin:

This baby would look nice with a Music Man headstock or Peavey Wolfgang!
Ziricote is quite beautifull!

Back