I blame Dave Grohl

I am an alternate tuning junkie. Personal opinion, acoustic guitars sound best in various interesting tunigns. A favorite of mine is jimmy page's on Bron Yr Aur. CACGCe

nathan a said:
I am an alternate tuning junkie. Personal opinion, acoustic guitars sound best in various interesting tunigns. A favorite of mine is jimmy page's on Bron Yr Aur. CACGCe

You should hang out with Paul Kantner. He once gave me a tour of his Guild and Rickenbacker 12-strings, not a one of them in standard tuning. He used to hang out with David Crosby and Joni Mitchell, who are even farther out on the "tuning limb" than he is. My favorite Kantner quote from when I met him was "I take VERY good care of my guitar tech..." DADDAD is the only only one I remember, which he uses for "Have You Seen The Saucers?"

Xplorervoodoo said:
How bout open C for Electric?

Bit of wankery at the beginning, but then he settles into a great solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7PDnbY6d8

YES! :headbang1: Townsend is a fudging genius. I love that man and the incredible music he plays. Great fudging post, dude. I am actually listening to "Deadhead" right now so, your post kinda freaked me out... :laughing7:

SrDeMaFp said:
YES! :headbang1: Townsend is a fricking genius. I love that man and the incredible music he plays. Great fricking post, dude. I am actually listening to "Deadhead" right now so, your post kinda freaked me out... :laughing7:

Always nice to meet another Devin Townsend fan!  Terria and Infinity are probably two of the greatest albums ever, and I enjoy his music so much that I'm planning a build strictly for open C tuning with a pair of EMG 81's in it, just like the man himself.  :rock-on:

Xplorervoodoo said:
SrDeMaFp said:
YES! :headbang1: Townsend is a fricking genius. I love that man and the incredible music he plays. Great fricking post, dude. I am actually listening to "Deadhead" right now so, your post kinda freaked me out... :laughing7:

Always nice to meet another Devin Townsend fan!  Terria and Infinity are probably two of the greatest albums ever, and I enjoy his music so much that I'm planning a build strictly for open C tuning with a pair of EMG 81's in it, just like the man himself.   :rock-on:

Agreed! I'm assuming you like SYL as well? What's the plan with the build? What wood? fretboard? paint? etc.

SrDeMaFp said:
Agreed! I'm assuming you like SYL as well? What's the plan with the build? What wood? fretboard? paint? etc.

Of course!  Got all the SYL studio albums  :laughing7:

The build is a while off yet, but I'm planning an SG, mahogany body, recessed TOM, HXH with two 81's, and I'm thinking something different for the finish, like trans turquoise

For the neck I want an LP headstock, 25 1/2" scale, fatback, mahogany/kingwood with satin finish, SS frets, and either a single celtic cross inlay at the 5th fret, or no inlays at all.

I'm gonna call it "The Dev"  :laughing7:

Xplorervoodoo said:
SrDeMaFp said:

Of course!  Got all the SYL studio albums  :laughing7:

The build is a while off yet, but I'm planning an SG, mahogany body, recessed TOM, HXH with two 81's, and I'm thinking something different for the finish, like trans turquoise

For the neck I want an LP headstock, 25 1/2" scale, fatback, mahogany/kingwood with satin finish, SS frets, and either a single celtic cross inlay at the 5th fret, or no inlays at all.

I'm gonna call it "The Dev"   :laughing7:

I'd go with "Hevy Devy" :party07:

Back