Huge Sounding SG

Ok, I went and read about the conversion necks and yes, that makes perfect sense now.  I missed that page on the Warmoth site. Thanks.

I like the thicker body ALOT!
Plus, the side input is GREAT.

I always thought Gibson should have done that from the get-go!

This is the thickest sounding SG you've ever heard! Partly because of the Rio Grande BBQ pickup and partly because the body is thicker than a traditional SG. It has awesome tone and plays oh so nice!

How do I ensure I can get Warmoth do make me a thicker body, is there an option? Sorry I am confused, are you saying that the STANDARD Warmouth body is thicker than normal Gibson SG body? Thanks ~ Ted :icon_thumright:

SG bodies are 1-5/8 inches thick at the end pin.  Warmoth bodies are 1-3/4 inches thick.  They will do a thinner SG for you though, for a modest upcharge.  Personally, the delight of an SG is its thin body.  A reason I like the L6s is its thin body too - only 1-1/2 inches.

Wow.....that is very, very nice. I would love to build a string through baritone SG with a recessed tune-o-matic in matte black. I like the extra thickness on the body. Cross inlays look bad as hell too.

Hi all, I am thinning out my herd of guitars for space reasons. I am putting this ripping SG up for sale. Here's the craigslist ad:

http://eugene.craigslist.org/msg/3216236287.html

Damn. I so want that thing. I gotta think it's made of the tastiest of tasty parts. I mean, this guy had inside access to some of the highest quality woods extant, detailed by the best craftsmen in the business. Plus, I have a soft spot in my heart for the SG body style. But, I just bought an SG-style Melody Maker. Damn!

I wonder if I could go without food and beer for a month...

Gregg said:
Hi all, I am thinning out my herd of guitars for space reasons. I am putting this ripping SG up for sale. Here's the craigslist ad:

http://eugene.craigslist.org/msg/3216236287.html

I'm in the process of selling some stuff, if I get the cash I'll PM ya! How much would shipping be to zip 80226?

Back