How often do new Pbass bodies go on the showcase?

Twigman

How often do warmoth post up new std Pbass bodies on the showcase?
I am contemplating my second Pbass build but am waiting for a very light alder unfinished std Pbass body to appear on the showcase.
The stock has not changed for weeks so I wonder how often Warmoth build for the showcase?

I've wondered the same thing, but about different bodies. They haven't added a new LPS body to the Showcase in months. I think your best bet would be to call them up and order. Custom orders get pushed to the front of the line to speed up the process anyway.

You can try calling them and ask if there's a P-Bass headed to the Showcase, but I have a feeling they wouldn't tell you. They'd rather have a custom order.

I think unless you are waiting for a strat or tele, it's better to go custom if you really need something and it's not in the showcase. Better to spend a bit extra than to go completely insane with waiting.

tfarny said:
I think unless you are waiting for a strat or tele, it's better to go custom if you really need something and it's not in the showcase. Better to spend a bit extra than to go completely insane with waiting.

The problem with custom is no telling what weight you're going to get.
I'd really like to know that the body will be light before i buy it.

Then just ask them (call or email) if they can get you something light weighted in your wood choice  :doh:
Don't think there will be big differences thou  :dontknow:

If you doing a custom build they are very very helpful.

Updown said:
Don't think there will be big differences thou  :dontknow:

At the moment std alder Pbass bodies on the showcase vary from 4lbs 8oz(finished) to 5lbs 6oz (finished).

I think my last body i bought was 4lbs 6oz and this turned out heavier than I would like.
I have seen bodies as light as 3lbs 11oz before now.

I think that's quite a variation.

I played a Squier JV precision for many years which is significantly lighter than my Warmoth.
I prefer playing the Warmoth

There's an up charge for hand picking a light piece of wood (I think its $45) but if weight is a big concern I'd say its worth it!

It really depends, but bass bodies do not show up on the Showcase nearly as often as more popular guitar bodies.

The lightest PBass I see in the Showcase queue is 4lbs. 8oz.  (alder, top rout)  Let me know if you want it, but it sounds like that would be too heavy for you.

Requesting light weight will only get you a light weight blank.  No guarantees on the actual final weight.  If you're looking for that ultra light weight, needle in a haystack, body, the Showcase is likely your best choice...

Wyliee said:
It really depends, but bass bodies do not show up on the Showcase nearly as often as more popular guitar bodies.
I'd imagine it is the 2nd most popular Bass body (after Jazz) but I may be wrong - of course us bass players probably don't make our own instruments often....

Wyliee said:
The lightest PBass I see in the Showcase queue is 4lbs. 8oz.  (alder, top rout)  Let me know if you want it, but it sounds like that would be too heavy for you.
I'll have a think about that. I recently bought an extra wide leather strap which eases the pain to my shoulder and back of a 2 hour set so although I do want a light body I don't want to wait for ever...

Wyliee said:
If you're looking for that ultra light weight, needle in a haystack, body, the Showcase is likely your best choice...
I keep checking back regularly (daily!!!) looking for that needle in a haystack - I'll buy up all the other bits I need first I think ( John East p-retro preamp / Nordstrand NP4 pup / Fender 62 RI 4 ply plate / bridge / machhines etc ) and just wait - after all there's no rush! it's not like I haven't got a decent bass to play - My recently built (December) Warmoth is still a delight to play - it's just not what it should've been and tbh the J bridge pup adds nothing but strife when trying to get the right tone.......hence the rethink.

I see a batch of P bass bodies just landed in the showcase right on cue......hmmmm decisions decisions

AutoBat said:
Have you considered a Dinky P body? Less wood may lead to less weight.

My dinky isn't exactly a featherweight; but then again it's mahogany and maple, a bit heavier than Alder on a good day.

I thought the showcase was more for extra stuff, and cancelled orders.  :dontknow:

AutoBat said:
Have you considered a Dinky P body? Less wood may lead to less weight.

I like the look of the dinky J - plus it has all the nice j-curves and offset waist. The dinky P just looks dorky IMO. I probably won't build a Warmoth bass, but I wouldn't mind a dinky J body, with a single P pickup and P neck. (Korina isn't the way to go if you're watching your weight, but they're pretty to look at)

b2311a.jpg
B2142a.jpg

Back