How many Warmoths have you built?

How many Warmoths have you built?

• Total voters
Well Marko, Thank You ! Much appreciated! But, it's more of a versatility thing, but I really don't spend that much time building them-just when I get an order. Here's one from a recent build.

Rick....

HaywireCustomGuitars.com said:
This is more on the Gibson end of the spectrum without the Tele sound but with either a 25-1/2 scale neck or 24-3/4.

Rick
Were those pickups supplied by the customer?  No offense intended, but they wouldn't be my first choice for that style.

I agree that your guitars are nice, but this is not really a gallery thread.  It's more of a poll, where a single answer about how many guitars yoiu have built would probably be sufficient.  Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying.

HaywireCustomGuitars.com said:
Yes Blue, they were requested. I think I would like something a little more crunchy.
What would you have put in?

Rick
I haven't been thrilled with the EMG Select line so far.  They seemed kind of thin when I last tried them. With that guitar my first choice would be either Dimarzio PAF Pro/SuperD or SD '59/C5.   However its the customers tone that matters after all, not mine.

Nice work btw, I also think it needs to be copied into your Find a Tech section.  Nobody else is showing examples of their work with Warmoth parts in there to the extent you have here.  Incidentally, did you do that inlay work?

Thanks for the tips Blue! I agree! I was going to say Dimarzio-but I wanted to hear your take.
I added some DiMarzio's for a friend of mine who's playing on tour and what a difference it made for him.
He said the sound man quit screaming at him because his sound was so much easier to dial in now.

As far as inlays-yes, I can do inlays here but it is really not a focus of my work.
Personally, I don't care if my guitar looks like a cross between a frog and a wart-however there are players who won't walk on stage unless a guitar is gold plated. The focus at Haywire is on a great feeling and great playing guitar that is intoned properly and quality that will span decades. That is not to say if I do something it won't be "peeerrrtty" but that's not the real focus. I try not to encourage inlays on "other than our builds" and don't generally mention it because I seem to get a lot of inquiries about inlays rather than from "the ground up guitar builds" that include inlays.

I would rather do inlays for customers while the guitar is in process because players don't realize that the frets have to come off and then go back on again. When you start taking apart necks and frets getting them back exactly is a difficult and under-appreciated task. In the process there are many places for error to occur. So, why take the chance if you have a really nice playing guitar with a neck you have confidence in? It's just better all around to either do it on a new neck and then install it on your guitar OR while you're having a guitar built. Make sense?

Four.
J-bass, Tele Thinline, Thundermoth, and another J-bass.
All built within the last year-and-a-half.
Two more in planning stage, the first a vintage P-bass, the second a 5-string with a W-neck and my own body design.

One full guitar with Warmoth parts, and 5-6 other guitar necks.  I have 3 home built guitars running at this point. I retired my first.

I have pictures of 2 of them.  See if you spot them ...

http://drpietrzak.com/music/strats.JPG

http://drpietrzak.com/music/others.JPG

http://drpietrzak.com/music/teles.JPG

Haywire,

You seem partial to EMGs, and the SA in the neck position in particular.  Have you ever used the Tele neck pickup in the EMG Tele set?  According to them, it's the best pickup they make.  Also, is it possible to order the Tele pickups separately?  I've only seen them sold in pairs.

I have just recently gotten my first Warmoth neck, and I'm already planning my next full build:
22541_1329537249159_1552800045_834530_7388430_n.jpg

Dear Super Turbo Deluxe Custom,

Yes, I love that EMG Tele pick up too. EMG's are one of my favorites because they are internally grounded which makes them soooo quiet.
The other reason I like them is that you can raise them real high up against the strings with no side-effects like magnetic pulling of the strings and abbreviated sustain with more powerful magnets. I do use other pick ups. I like Lollars, Fralins, Duncans and especially DiMarzio's in the bridge position. That's where they really make a difference. For example, I'll mix a DP-100 in the bridge with a standard set of Fenders for a great sound and feel with good tone and sustain.  So there are two single coils with a humbucker bridge for some nice crunch all on a 5 way switch.

Rick-
Haywire Custom Guitars

None so far, but it will be "1" if my Warmoth goodies are ever cleared by customs...they've been sitting there for over a week now.  :tard:

Back