How many Warmoths have you built?

How many Warmoths have you built?

• Total voters
I'm working on my first Warmoth. Swamp Ash Jazzmaster. This will be my 10th guitar build though. I have to say that the Warmoth body was beyond my expectations. I thought I was going to have to sand it a least a little bit but WOW!. I am very pleased with the Warmoth quality. Having built seven guitars from scratch I know how much work it is to get a body to that level. Nice job Warmoth. BTW I'll be making my own neck for the Jazzmaster. Not that I don't want a Warmoth neck, I'm just out of money. I have the wood and the time right now. Cheers.

I'm a 9+ guy, but I can't remember... Started back in the 80's putting just necks on various beatercasters, I've got three complete Warmoth neck/body jobbies lying around here right now and one Warmoth-necked bass and guitar each. All of my instruments are really different from each other, so after I build a fretless baritone five-string guitar, I'm outta ideas for now...  :toothy11: I'd rather play than build*, but I can't get anyone to build me what I want for less than 2 grand so I do it myself - if they're just gonna use Warmoth parts, what the frooging fruck? Like, money grows on trees....

*(this I claim ho ho but so why am I always building?!? :dontknow:)

I have three W's assembled by an experienced luthier. I have also two beautiful tele bodies waiting to be guitars, I hope I'll keep my promise and I won't make another guitar this year. The plan is to make each one in the next two years and stop, I already have many guitars for a bedroom player.

I don't have a bass though... :icon_smile:

Hey!! This is such a great site. I read it often but need to post more. WOW, what a question. I saw it and realized in the past 6 years I have personally put together over 500 guitars in the shop and approx. 300 of them had a combination of either a Warmoth body & Neck or a Warmoth body or a Warmoth neck. In the more recent years have I used exclusively Warmoth necks. Why not? I have never played any better. Thanks to Warmoth for giving custom necks and bodies in the good old USA a good name. We have something in our country that still works!! Right now, in the shop, I'm working on a Silver SG with DiMarzios, an Alpine White Tele Deluxe as well as a Black Tele with Fralins. I'll post some pix when these are done. Here is one of my favorite Teles-enclosed.
Rick

HaywireCustomGuitars.com said:
I have personally put together over 500 guitars in the shop and approx. 300 of them had a combination of either a Warmoth body & Neck or a Warmoth body or a Warmoth neck.

HOLY CRAP DUDE!  That's a lot of guitars.  I checked out your site... so many cool guitars... I like this one a lot...

Hollowforestes335100_4586-211x270.jpg

Over the past 20 years I've bought and sold at least 50 guitars. I've only built one Warmoth though and it's a keeper. I'll come back to this poll again in a year or so when I have about 3 more under my belt. Hehe!!
MULLY

This is my new guitar. I ordered a straight 9.5 radius neck-excellent for slide and bending notes without bottoming out. It equipped with stainless steel frets and abalone inlays with a graphite nut on a Vintage Modern thin chassis.
As usual, it arrived earlier than expected.  It feels and sounds great!  I've got some EMG's on it with a Tele pick up in the bridge. I played a Tele for many years and missed the sound but loved the versatility of the Strat with that great "quacky"  4th switch positon so good for slide. With this Strat I've got the great Tele sound, string through body bridge, Tele pick up, paper and oil cap but with the Strat sound too. If I was in Nashville-I'd be in heaven!!

But,........ I like blues too much.

Rick

Back