Hot off the UPS truck----Gretsch-O-caster

newmexstrings

Enjoy the first pics of my mahogany thinline w/ birdseye/ ebony neck. Soon to sport Filter'trons, a Bigsby B-5, G knobs, even Gretsch-style strap buttons! The mahogany is very ribbony and really moves with the light. Though I was pretty happy with this one, I've noticed one or two sloppy things on Warmoth's side of things, and of course there are one or two different choices that I wish I had made...Nonetheless, I am psyched about this guitar and will hopefully have it in the tele showcase section in a week or so. Cheers!

tele01.jpg

You can't see from that angle, but they left all sorts of paper stuck around the inside of the f-hole. Not a permanent problem by any means, but I definitely thought they would have taken care of that. It's gonna be a pain to scrape it....but they do beautiful work.

Could not have been more sloppy than some of the Gretche's I've picked up of late!  VERY cool Tele, my man.  A Bigsby Tele is in my immediate future.

Very kool, like the fretboard, nice coloring. It looks like it wants a big o Bigsby tem on it...That would look sweet.... :icon_biggrin:

Just wow! I love all telecasters, but this one is really pretty!
I can't wait for a pic with the Bigsby and those funky looking Gretch pups :icon_biggrin:

Hey, newmexstrings............we are on the same wavelength.  Check out my post  http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6819.0

Warmoth could have used the same paint mixture for both our guitars.  I should complete mine by this weekend.  Let's keep each other posted.

UG.

Definitely saw your post. I'm loving the Rockabilly L5S. Funny that two board members would get their Gretsch tribute guitars within a week. Did you go with straight trans tangerine? This tele is trans red. I almost went with tangerine, but this will be my #1 electric and I thought orange might be a little.....eccentric for my everyday axe. I'm gonna put in a few hours this weekend, but I don't know if I'll finish, since I've got two screaming babies that tend to keep me away from my shop. Can't wait to see/hear your finished product!

YES! I've seen that one on the Project Telecaster--Bigsby Gallery http://www.xs4all.nl/~msengers/htm/gallery.htm

Pretty sweet, looks handmade though----who's got the time!?

I've got this one pretty much together, still have to wire it and finish up details like string trees and strap buttons. I'll have something in the galleries in a few days. Looks pretty good IMHO!

Unwound G said:
Here's a Gretsch-O-Caster hybrid.  IMO it would look better with a Bigsby B5.

They have one of those on display (and for sale, if you want to bring the Brinks truck down with you) at Guitar Showcase in Campbell, CA.  It's shore purty!

Back