Hot norwegian blondes...

Jorundr

Will throw themselves at me (best case scenario) when this project is done. The actual ordering will not happen until august, but the plan is pretty much done. I have a few questions before i'm done:

1. I've read some really nice things about the hipshot bass tuners in here. Is there a difference (other than holes and other aesthetics) between the HB1, HB2, HB3 etc... any stong feelings abouth either out there?

2. This one's for the warmoth insider: kinda fell in love with he looks of this, in my head this will compliment my build perfectly

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS1947&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0

Was this finish a one off super special finish? or can i somehow order it for my bass? if so, what will it cost me?

3. on a p-bass pickguard, will warmoth be able to drill  Volume\Volume\Tone\Jack control holes or is it best to omit the holes alltogether and do them myself?

and sorry for the suggestive topic :icon_biggrin:

I dunno, that color body has a bit of "70s washing machine" vibe to it, don't you think? But, I'm not an expert on hot norwegian blondes. I always thought chicks liked it when guys played the guitar, not just when they bought a nice one.  :doh:

Absolutely shanejw, I have no shame.

haha, damn you Tfarny you've got a point. I guess that finish can go both ways. hmmm....

no answers to the questions?

Well, they can definitely drill the pickguard!  I can't answer the rest of your questions.

Actually, I thought they could omit holes from pickguards but not drill new ones. i asked them to drill me a 1/4" hole for a mini switch in my strat pickguard and they told me to get lost.

tfarny said:
Actually, I thought they could omit holes from pickguards but not drill new ones. i asked them to drill me a 1/4" hole for a mini switch in my strat pickguard and they told me to get lost.

So did you get lost?

Reminds me, when my mother turned 60 she thought she better start working out, so she started walking 3 miles a day, now shes 70 and we have no idea where she is

Alfang said:
tfarny said:

So did you get lost?

Reminds me, when my mother turned 60 she thought she better start working out, so she started walking 3 miles a day, now shes 70 and we have no idea where she is

Post 999, and he makes me groan...

:sad1:

Works out to 10,950 miles, which puts her about 1/4 of the way around the world.  If she lives to be 100 you can see her again!

"Extra light basswood"
Someone get that and put a full ebony neck on it. Just to prove a point. My point. :icon_scratch:

Jorundr said:
This one's for the warmoth insider: kinda fell in love with he looks of this, in my head this will compliment my build perfectly

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS1947&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0

Was this finish a one off super special finish? or can i somehow order it for my bass?

Sooo...where's the "yellow" in Iridium Yellow? On my monitor, that Strat body is some kind of metallic olive green.

Back