Home Invasion

jerryjg

jerryjg;34214 said:
Okay, today i just found out a storage shed with a lot of my old, collectibles  on my little ranch was broken into.
At first examination, there doesnt appear to be much taken, although ive got so many old collectibles and stuff in there I've never taken inventory of.
I'll wager that perhaps they lifted a few boxes of stuff., and what looks like it may be some of my better most valuable(1500-2000 value)old Tonka pressed steel toy truck collection.
They ripped the AC out of the side of the building and broke and entered through that hole.
I still am wondering how they opened the deadbolt on the front door , as the door was wide open with the lock in locked position.
There was a cresenct wrench laying on the floor.
What do you think about this?
Will they be back?...My foirst instinct is to go ahead and get locked public storage for the main valuables now? i mean, ive got ALL my collectibles in there( Hotwheels, Vintage fishing Lures, all sorts of old vintage  keepsakes  and collctibles and some antiques).
My guess is this was mainly vandelism, and probably done buy partying youths on the adjacent property..but why did they take that old AC unit?? Those are old worthless units -you can buy a new one for a couple of hundred now.
what do you think?
I will call the Sheriff tommorow.
Now I am starting to think of revenge?
Is there some type of razor wire I can throw around that hole?
Can I hide in the building and put trespass signs up and kill an intruder -even a teenager?

you need a rottweiler with no vocal chords. that would give them a little bit of a shock

or you can do what my dad did when raccoons figured out how to use the doggie door in his house; rig a motion sensor (like a light on a garage) inside the shed to activate a radio that'll play extremely loud music. when the light sensor that's inside the shed goes off the radio will be blaring. might not STOP them from breaking in again if they decide to, but it would definitely scare the living sh*t out of them when they did

Storage shed on a little ranch is what sparked me.  Secluded, no one around, in the middle of nowhere I'm guessing?  Just a matter of time.  I don't know anyone, whether it be a hunting lease, ranch, farm, that has not been robbed before.  Not a place to keep valueables IMO.

Move to a big city where it's safer, and sell your old toys - the era of collectible GI Joes is ending/ ended.

Lots more fun than hiding out in a deserted shed hoping to kill some teenager for stealing your Tonka Trucks.

but officers! you need to investigate! he stole my tonka truck!  :laughing11: but in all seriousness, get the dogs, kids who went to my school got mauled by a rottweiler because they tried stealing shit from a car/junk yard thing. i say they are pretty effective.

JaySwear said:
you need a rottweiler with no vocal chords. that would give them a little bit of a shock

or you can do what my dad did when raccoons figured out how to use the doggie door in his house; rig a motion sensor (like a light on a garage) inside the shed to activate a radio that'll play extremely loud music. when the light sensor that's inside the shed goes off the radio will be blaring. might not STOP them from breaking in again if they decide to, but it would definitely scare the living sh*t out of them when they did

Make it play the Imperial March from Star Wars too!

Add a taser to the razor wire turned on by the motion sensor.  Getting shocked is one hell of a deturent.  Put a sign up of course to cover your ass.  I really hate people doing that crap.  Once, my bad, twice, light them up.
Patrick

Back