hmm...

hannaugh

Master Member
I'm closing in on 1-3 weeks till Warmoth is supposed to ship my LP parts. It was a really expensive build that I saved up for for a long time, so I took the money out of the bank to ensure that I wouldn't dip into it while the build is happening.  When I ordered the stuff, they said I would be informed when they were ready to charge me, but now I'm seeing that some people are getting things earlier than expected and without shipping notification.  Does that mean I should put the cash back in the bank ASAP?

Yeah. I only got a mail from UPS with the shipping number, no mail from Warmoth. They just cleaned out my bank account one morning, and let UPS take it from there. :icon_tongue:

My wife and I always use the debit card to pay for stuff. All of our living expenses come out of that. But I gave Warmoth our credit card number just for that reason. Never know when our balance might have dipped just below what Warmoth will charge, and Murphy says that the parts will ship on that 1 day where the balance is low.

Hmmm... that may actually be a good way of getting your parts to ship early. Run your balance just low enough to not cover the charges, then fates will converge and your parts will be ready! You just might have to deal with some overdraft fees, but...

Anyway, my stuff shipped last Tuesday. The original quote was for Friday. It was all custom-spec Thinline stuff. I just got the ship notification straight from UPS.

callaway said:
My wife and I always use the debit card to pay for stuff. All of our living expenses come out of that. But I gave Warmoth our credit card number just for that reason. Never know when our balance might have dipped just below what Warmoth will charge, and Murphy says that the parts will ship on that 1 day where the balance is low.

Hmmm... that may actually be a good way of getting your parts to ship early. Run your balance just low enough to not cover the charges, then fates will converge and your parts will be ready! You just might have to deal with some overdraft fees, but...

Anyway, my stuff shipped last Tuesday. The original quote was for Friday. It was all custom-spec Thinline stuff. I just got the ship notification straight from UPS.

Haha, yeah.  I'm sure if I make sure I don't have enough in my debit account, they will charge it that day.  It's like how if I'm driving and I want the light to change at an intersection, I just start to open up my water bottle for a drink.  The second I pick it up, the light changes. 

Thanks guys, I will get my cash in there ASAP.  This build is so pricey, but I think it's going to be well worth it.

I had no such courtesy as a "heads up".  In fact, there was some minor confusion between my wife, myself, when a deposit hit, a payment was made to our morgage... and then with the unknown exact date of the Warmoth charge...  well.  Suffice to say I was freaked for a few days. 

But in the end, it hit when there was enough money.

But ifn I were you, I'd have the money in the account.  Next time I think I'll send a money order and save myself the panic potential.

Hey, guys, I remember Eric (from Warmoth) talking about this one time, and one option that he mentioned that I had been unaware of until that point was that you can ask your friendly sales guy to go ahead and charge your account right then at the time of ordering, instead of waiting until they ship.  I will do this in the future since I never order until I have the money, but I too ride my bank account like something of a rollercoaster.  I'm always fairly certain I know what's in there, but some sneaky stuff is always sure to pop up right when I don't need it!

I went to the bank this morning.  All systems are go.  I can't wait to get my stuff!!!!  1-3 weeks left of what they told me... I hope I'm one of the lucky people who get it a little early.  I ordered a case from my local shop for it.  Soo exciting!

guitlouie said:
Hey, guys, I remember Eric (from Warmoth) talking about this one time, and one option that he mentioned that I had been unaware of until that point was that you can ask your friendly sales guy to go ahead and charge your account right then at the time of ordering, instead of waiting until they ship.  I will do this in the future since I never order until I have the money, but I too ride my bank account like something of a rollercoaster.  I'm always fairly certain I know what's in there, but some sneaky stuff is always sure to pop up right when I don't need it!
Yep, this is what I did. Asked the guy on the phone to bill me right away. Good thing too. . . 

BTW, the guy on the phone was awesome. Some of the best customer service I've ever had. Kudos to anyone who says "Bitchin'!" when you describe your order.

Tak

hannaugh said:
I went to the bank this morning.  All systems are go.  I can't wait to get my stuff!!!!  1-3 weeks left of what they told me... I hope I'm one of the lucky people who get it a little early.   I ordered a case from my local shop for it.   Soo exciting!

Warmoth said 4-6 weeks for me, but they sent it after about 3. It took UPS just a couple of days to get the body and neck to Norway. And just over a week all the way to my door. So you should have it pretty soon :)

guitlouie said:
BTW, the guy on the phone was awesome. Some of the best customer service I've ever had. Kudos to anyone who says "Bitchin'!" when you describe your order.

Hehe. Good customer service alright :) I spent 2 months mailing back and forth with them about my build since the whole lefty/righty/upside down thing was a bit cunfusing at first. But Brian (the guy I talked to) was always helpful and polite, and never made me feel like I was nagging with my stupid questions and changes of mind about things. :)

When I ordered mine I paid with a debit card with a $1000 a day charge limit, so I had them charge it immediatly when I ordered it over of the course of two days.  Much easier just to get it paid than wait with that extra cash in your account.

Plus... they told me 12 weeks, I had it in my hands in under 8.

Warmoth rules. :)

manndreas said:
Hehe. Good customer service alright :) I spent 2 months mailing back and forth with them about my build since the whole lefty/righty/upside down thing was a bit cunfusing at first. But Brian (the guy I talked to) was always helpful and polite, and never made me feel like I was nagging with my stupid questions and changes of mind about things. :)

What sort of changes are we talking?

I asked them to change from a Jazzmaster to a split Jazzmaster about two weeks in, and they charged me a $45 'change' fee.

Yup!

We had some trouble finding out what a complete custom made body would cost me, so he would give me a price, and something would happen, or couldn't be done, or would cost too much etc etc, and that went on for one month before we agreed on a price, and what I'd get get for it  :icon_tongue:

Ah, alrighty! I thought you meant they were just letting you call up every day and change what you had ordered.  :laughing3:

It's something they just launched with the new website.

splitjazz_black.jpg

Of course, mine is going to be...candy tangerine, so it'll look a little different than that. :icon_jokercolor:

Hehe. Nah, I don't expect that much customer service from any company to be honest :icon_tongue:

And BTW, that guitar kicks ass!! Jesus, I haven't even completed the bass I just got, and I already have more G.A.S.

I know what you mean.

I started out just wanting a single great guitar, but now I want:

A Telecaster Plus, a Telecaster Thinline, a Firebird, and a VIP.

Before I found Warmoth, I didn't even LIKE Telecasters!

Back