Hipshot contour fixed bridge on Tele (way too low?)

Good. Go forth and adjust...

Seriously though it does not take much for something to be slightly misaligned to cause stuff like this.

Weren’t doubting your ability, was trying to have you methodically discover the culprit and address it.
From the specs you shared, it should work. If it doesn’t, that means something is not spec.  Need to find that and address it rather than making other adaptations.

Ahh, code monkey?

Goes to show - building guitars is like writing code. It HAS to be precise.

You would be familiar with the aphorism "understand well, or copy faithfully" ?

I've seen some very scary real world situations caused by failure in that.

stratamania said:
I would check two things.

1.The neck pocket, particularly in the corners for any finish or fuzzy wood left over from routing that may be stopping the neck from seating correctly...

This is a very good post, expressed much more clearly than what I did in my post.    Even if not needling to fix the alignment, its always a good idea to closely examine the neck pocket, particularly in the corners to clear any loose wood fibres, or "fuzzy wood left over from routing that may be stopping the neck from seating correctly".  You want to neck to fit as evenly and securely as possible to get good clamping force from each of the 4 screws.

On plastic pickguard I’ve adjust them with sand paper.  Just take your time.

stratamania said:
Seriously though it does not take much for something to be slightly misaligned to cause stuff like this.
Yes, building guitars can teach you a lot about life I guess.

Sadie-f said:
Ahh, code monkey?
You would be familiar with the aphorism "understand well, or copy faithfully" ?

I've seen some very scary real world situations caused by failure in that.

Oh yes, I guess we both have made a ton of BAD experiences due to inaccuracy or imprecision. It's sometimes bewildering how people get anything done when looking at the sloppiness of well... everything they do. But don't get me started... haha :tard:

TBurst Std said:
I’m waiting to hear a track of this guitar through your new Kemper

Careful what you wish for ;-) But in all seriousness, I will have make the last few months audible! Watch off-topic in the next few weeks

rick2 said:
On plastic pickguard I’ve adjust them with sand paper.  Just take your time.

my pickguard is metal - I used a dremel with sandpaper and it worked like a charm (as the treated area is well hidden under the neck). Here's the result:

IMG-20220314-081439.jpg

alexreinhold said:
stratamania said:
Yes, building guitars can teach you a lot about life I guess.

Perhaps.

Though of course dry fit everything before committing to drilling holes etc.

Back