Hipshot 6 String Fixed Guitar Bridge

hosko

I had a search for the correct bridge route for the Hipshot 6 String Fixed Guitar Bridge but couldn't find the answer. I already own it so would prefer to use it in my planned build. I know their hardtail bridge is a direct replacement or the Strat bridge, I'm just unsure which route the 6 String Fixed bridge would use. Below is a link to the product:

https://hipshotproducts.com/collections/6-string-fixed-bridges/products/fixed-guitar-bridge

Thanks

Thanks I'm in Australia so the time difference isn't great. I will shoot them an email.

hosko said:
I know their hardtail bridge is a direct replacement {f}or the Strat bridge,

It is not.

The Hipshot does not retrofit existing Fender hardtails because of the mounting screw spacing (in relation to each other and the in relation to the string-thru holes). Someone here recently had to send the Hipshot bridge in to have to Warmoth custom drill the holes.

I believe it's in their cnc machine, but there's an up charge. Not sure how much.  What part of Australia are you in?  I got family in Perth and Melbourne.

Custom Bridge Routs bottom of this page. https://warmoth.com/guitar-bridge-routs

Most likely this one.

Hipshot Flat Mount SB 5105-010

That rout is currently available as an off-menu option if you call in.

Our hope is that the rout, as well as the bridge, will become standard offerings in 2022.

The Aaron said:

Our hope is that the rout, as well as the bridge, will become standard offerings in 2022.

Thanks Aaron,

Would be great if it could to added to the menu items. Probably too late for me but I'm sure I'm not the only one that loves Hipshot tuners and Bridges, would be fantastic to be able to order them directly through Warmoth.

rick2 said:
I believe it's in their cnc machine, but there's an up charge. Not sure how much.  What part of Australia are you in?  I got family in Perth and Melbourne.
I'm in Sydney but from Perth originally, all the fam is still over there

I miss my fam there too.  Hipshot is a new york company they make good stuff.... When you start your build post pics.  Welcome to the forum.

rick2 said:
When you start your build post pics.  Welcome to the forum.
Thanks, think I'm going a rear route Jazzmaster HH (I keep changing my mind so that could change lol) with a Turquoise dye flame maple lam top. Have Dimarzio 36th Humbuckers, Hipshot locking turners and bridge, Strat super switch and Bourns pots.

Still figuring out the neck think I might go roasted flame maple, ebony fretboard with a dyed headstock.

The Aaron said:

It does not seem to be a rout available according to the sales rep I'm in email contact with. Sending the bridge internationally seems unpractical. Anyone in particular that could make it happen?

yo you could just order is from a USA of America vendor and have them drop ship it to the Big W, right? can't you order cdirectly from HS themselves?

jplev22 said:
The Aaron said:

It does not seem to be a rout available according to the sales rep I'm in email contact with. Sending the bridge internationally seems unpractical. Anyone in particular that could make it happen?

The custom bridge routs are available at the bottom of this page. If it is on that list I have had custom bridge routs done by just putting in the order notes what I would like and that I accept the upcharge, without sending an actual bridge.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-bridge-routs

I ended up going with the custom bridge route and had to send in the bridge. Bit of a pain internationally but everything seems to have lined up. Just waiting on the stew Mac ferrule installation tool to install the rear ferrules before installing the bridge.

It is not.

The Hipshot does not retrofit existing Fender hardtails because of the mounting screw spacing (in relation to each other and the in relation to the string-thru holes). Someone here recently had to send the Hipshot bridge in to have to Warmoth custom drill the holes.
The one thing I dislike about the Hipshot bridge is where they decided to locate the mounting screw holes. Too close to the string thru holes IMO.

Back