Schaller 3D-6/475 fixed roller bridge question

Hello, first time posting here. I bought a Warmoth strat body and neck with plans to mount a Schaller 3D-6/475 fixed roller bridge. I received the bridge the other day, and saw that it did not come with the 3mm base plate spacer ring. Does a Warmoth strat build need the 3mm spacer to jack up the bridge string height in a typical installation? I think I read somewhere that the spacer ring is used when mounting on a Gibson, but not 100% certain. Thank you in advance for your help - I appreciate it.

I have the 475 on my Warmoth strat and no spacer ring. The string height are all well within the adjustment limits. Good luck on the build!

Last edited:
I have the 475 on my Warmoth strat and no spacer ring. The string height are all well within the adjustment limits. Good luck on the build!
Thank you for the verification - I compared the specs for a Fender hardtail bridge, and it falls within the range of heights on the Schaller 475 / 3D-6 roller. I actually have 2 builds on deck with the Schaller roller bridges - can't wait to get rolling on them. :cool:

Hi
I have a Warmoth hybrid Tele with a Strat neck and the Schaller bridge. I bought it in EU where I live and came with the 3 mm base plate.
I found out there is no need for it at all. The Warmoth body and neck work great without it... and that's also good for sustain as the plate isn't really designed to add any at all.

Hello, first time posting here. I bought a Warmoth strat body and neck with plans to mount a Schaller 3D-6/475 fixed roller bridge. I received the bridge the other day, and saw that it did not come with the 3mm base plate spacer ring. Does a Warmoth strat build need the 3mm spacer to jack up the bridge string height in a typical installation? I think I read somewhere that the spacer ring is used when mounting on a Gibson, but not 100% certain. Thank you in advance for your help - I appreciate it.
Huh I like shimming necks to have the bridge high up. It feels good under my picking hand. So you’re saying if I shim the neck I need to order my Schaller bridge from some where else to get the spacer?

If you buy a 475 from Warmoth, it should include the spacer. I don't think it's 100% necessary for most flat-top/Strat-like bodies but every build is unique. I always assumed it was there for use with tune-o-matics or top-mount Floyds, but I haven't installed one personally. If you buy a 475 from Warmoth and don't get the spacer, contact customer service.

I ordered one from Warmoth and it did include the spacer. I didn't need it for the standard Diamondback / Modern Tiltback reverse headstock Strat neck setup it was used for.

I finally completed the build after delay after delay. I inspected and measured several times, and was convinced that I did in fact need to install the spacer plate underneath the bridge to get the right string height. After mounting it and putting on the 2 outer E strings, it was super high and would've resulted in unusable string action height. Not a big deal to unmount and remove the plate though - a few twists of the screwdriver is all you need. Perfect LOW action without the spacer plate. Not necessary on a Fender bolt on build - unless like someone stated earlier, you like having a jacked up shimmed neck and bridge. Worth noting - I bought 2 3D-6s from the same seller maybe a month apart - one had the spacer, and one did not. Probably keep the spacer in my extra parts stash just in case I ever do need it one day. Also worth noting - absolutely NO degradation or lack of tone due to it not being a string through bridge. Tone, sustain, volume - all great despite just having 3 screws transfer the vibrations into the body wood. Don't let armchair luthiers tell you otherwise. I'm a fan and will quickly look to this bridge again as far as the overall sound and ease of installation on your project. Being able to move the bridge in 3 different planes (up down, front back, left right) is such a great feature.

Huh I like shimming necks to have the bridge high up. It feels good under my picking hand. So you’re saying if I shim the neck I need to order my Schaller bridge from some where else to get the spacer?
I didn't buy from Warmoth, as I saw another place online that was selling new ones for dirt cheap. If you ever need a chrome spacer, feel free to hit me up. A few have said that if ordered through Warmoth, they will come with the spacer.

I got that bridge from Thomann as I am in EU. It came with the base plate. I mounted it on a Warmoth hybrid Telecaster with a Warmoth Strat neck. Had no need to to use the base plate though. You're going to love the 475. It's amazing in its way of setting strings spacing, easy mounting and terrific sustain and tone.

Attachments

• Red Tele.jpg
    Red Tele.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 12
Back