Hey, can I get one of these finishes?

stubhead

Master Member
603px-Crab_Nebula.jpg

It's a supernova-burst in the Crab Nebula, but I suspect the NASA guys get up to a little "colorization" fun on their own... mebbe they could apply at Warmoth, now that the space program's tanked. :blob7:
It's really pretty neat - blue going to green going to orange-y-red, with little teethy wave things.

I'm always amazed at how things from space often look like things from the ocean.  It totally looks like part of a coral reef or a sponge to me.

It's like how things appear similar at the astronomical and the sub-atomic level. But looking at the Crab Nebula I keep thinking that somebody just couldn't resist playing with fractals a bit. There are parts in the Mandelbrot fractal that look just like that.

The Hubble has taken some amaizing pics   , my favorite Nebula is the Lagoon 

It would be possible to shoot a guitar like it , I did a painting for a friend recently of the Lagoon Nebula

greywolf said:
The Hubble has taken some amaizing pics   , my favorite Nebula is the Lagoon 

It would be possible to shoot a guitar like it , I did a painting for a friend recently of the Lagoon Nebula

Hey, those are cool!  What medium do you work in?

Probably your best bet and easiest and most likley cheapest way to get that on a geetar, would be to have that blown up and printed on vinyl. Then glue it to a body, and clear it with nitro. Kinda like the Ibanez floral Jems, that were supposedly done from curtains from Steve Vai's house...

Acrylic with brush and airbrush . 

Any decent airbrush artist could do it ,then just shoot a few clear coats over

Sweet.  I work in watercolor, but I really want an airbrush so I can integrate that look into my paintings.  I got an art supply gift card for Christmas... maybe that's what I will get.

greywolf said:
Acrylic with brush and airbrush .  Any decent airbrush artist could do it ,then just shoot a few clear coats over
Yes, it would be fairly easy with an airbrush. But as an artist I can tell you it ain't gonna be cheap.  If money isn't an issue, then sure it would be the way to go. But say in a situation where money and talent aren't at hand. Then what I suggested could be an option.... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
greywolf said:
Acrylic with brush and airbrush .  Any decent airbrush artist could do it ,then just shoot a few clear coats over
Yes, it would be fairly easy with an airbrush. But as an artist I can tell you it ain't gonna be cheap.  If money isn't an issue, then sure it would be the way to go. But say in a situation where money and talent aren't at hand. Then what I suggested could be an option.... :icon_biggrin:

You could do 3 for 1 neckplates with that pattern?  :laughing7:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
greywolf said:

You could do 3 for 1 neckplates with that pattern?   :laughing7:
:icon_scratch:

Back