Hey - anybody try these funky loop earplugs?

mayfly

Epic Member
I'm talking about these puppies right here: If so, what do you think?

PDP_EXP_SILVER_01.png

I don't know who makes them, but I use something similar from an outfit called Tribit, except the donut hole is filled. Use them all the time, and have inadvertently washed them in my shirt pocket and they survived.

Update: I just got my pair. Don't like them. I got the 16dB attenuation ones, and it's too much. All I hear is head-space and can't hear the rest of the band.

They look cool though.

They have some adjustable ones, without the donut, but they are pricey. The way I view it though, some protection is better than none. Even something from CVS is better than nothing.

I haven't investigated these or looked at the marketing, but I'm curious: what is the loop supposed to accomplish?

I read up on these. Inside the loop is the channel that sound enters and then audio hits a filter in the stem. The loops seems to:
1, position the sound entry channel
2, allow you to easily orientate it in your canal for better fit
3, look different

I saw something similar on Amazon, sold for when sleeping with, I think about a 26dB reduction.

I've been hooked on these for a long time. 29dB. Could never sing with them in but playing bass and only backup vocals was ok with these.
When I was doing FOH mix with big systems my mix was always way better with the plugs in. I'd EQ the room with them out - do the first few song with them out and then put a fresh set in for the rest of the night.

s-l1600.jpg

I'm going to find the strongest of the ring type (OP) and give those a try.

My Loop "Quiet" ( up to 26dB ) plugs arrived today. Not bad. I'll use them in a pinch. Maybe car driving.
I'll never be able to sleep with them in. See next paragraph - "rumble"
https://us.loopearplugs.com/products/quiet

But one negative I immediately notice, for me, is that they accentuate the sound of the blood flowing through the capillaries of the skin adjacent to the rubber(ish) tips.
The result is a constant rumble that is not present with the plugs out (no plugs in at all)
and also that rumble is not present when using the 3M Classic 29dB plugs that I always use - photo in the post above.

When I was a kid and first heard / noticed the sound of blood flowing in my ears I asked my mom to stop the hammers. She thought I was crazy. Dad explained it to me and i thought ... cool.

You must have had very sensitive hearing back then. I know I've heard it before this, but I can't remember when or why.

I don't hear it so much anymore... it's got to be real quiet. And now it has to compete with occasional tintinitus

Back