Hex wrench size for adjusting saddles on Modified Mustang Bridge

BeantownAl

I purchased a Modified Mustang Bridge (Item: WMB1C) a few years back and want to adjust the saddle heights.  Does anybody know what size hex wrench should be used to adjust the screws on the saddles? I tried contacting Warmoth with this question - but did not receive a response.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

I don't know. But, that's because I rarely need to know. Buy a couple sets of hex wrenches in imperial and metric sizes and you'll never have to worry about it again. This set...

71aiXuu3bLL._AC_SY460_.jpg

Is only $11 from Amazon.

No problem. Figured if you had any to try, you wouldn't need to know the size, and if you found out the size you'd have to buy it anyway  :laughing7:

The hex wrenches arrived today...so in the interest of tying up loose ends (or screws).

Bridge Post Adjustment - 1/16 in. wrench.

Saddle Height Adjustment - 0.05 in. wrench

So there ya go...case closed :)

Good deal!

Shouldn't be a choice between 1.5mm or 1/16", though. Should only be one of them. It's compromising when they're close that ruins a LOT of socket heads. And the saddle height adjustment is .05 inches? Sure it isn't .05mm? Whatever dimensional standard it is, Imperial or metric, I would expect them both to match.

Cagey said:
Good deal!

Shouldn't be a choice between 1.5mm or 1/16", though. Should only be one of them. It's compromising when they're close that ruins a LOT of socket heads. And the saddle height adjustment is .05 inches? Sure it isn't .05mm? Whatever dimensional standard it is, Imperial or metric, I would expect them both to match.

Absolutely.  And upon re-checking the 1/16" is definitely the proper fit.  I updated my previous post.

Since I've already covered 2 of the 3 screw types for the Modified Mustang Bridge above, It's probably worthwhile to mention here that I've discovered that the screws that are used to intonate the individual saddles are M3-0.5 x 16 mm Pan Head Machine Screws.

I was...surprised...to discover that since the other two screw types are Imperial screw sizes.

At first glance it seems a sadistic design choice to mix both Imperial and Metric screw sizes...but I think spec'ing the Metric screw size for the bridge saddles was actually a good idea.

Why?

The nearest-equivalent Imperial screw size would be 4-40 5/8". You won't find those at Home Depot, let alone a neightborhood hardware store - you'll need to order those online from Amazon or a specialty store.. OTOH, many neighborhood hardware stores will at least carry a flat head M3-0.5 x 16mm that can be used in a pinch, and the big box hardware stores generally carry the proper pan head screws in that size.

Back