Tele modern (6 saddles) bridge setup question

add4

hello guys,

Finally got my first warmoth tele to sound and feel awesome but i still have a question about the bridge.
I bought a modern 6 saddle type bridge (i'm anal about intonation) and i'm not sure what to do with the part of the saddle screws used to control their height.
As the guitar setup is pretty low, the screws are sticking out of the saddles and it's not comfortable when palm muting. (see attached picture)
I already tried to put the shortest screws on top to minimize that but it's not enough ...
how is it typically done to get comfortable there? cut the unnecessary part of the saddle screws?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 345
I've had that problem more than once. You can grind them, but it's a less-than-ideal solution. What you want are the properly-sized set screws, which you can get here.

First : thanks for helping
Secondly, it's so obvious that i don't understand how i did not think of buying smaller screws ..
I just have to find a place to buy them in europe since  it would be sad to pay 30$ to USPS for 1.2$ of screws ... :)

THanks for helping guys

I had the same problem.  I fixed it with a vise, a hacksaw and some sandpaper.  I used the sandpaper to smooth off any burrs the hacksaw made.

Back