Here's why I'd never top rout a body with a figured top & killer paint job.

jalbertochavez

Check out the flame on that. Is this not one of the best bodies ever? Who'd want to put a pickguard over it?.....I can only hope they produce a body this bad ass when I order a 5A Flame (or maybe Quilt) maple bengal burst body......I'm sure they could, but man this one is a looker.

Sadly, this much of the wood will be covered when someone snatches it up. (And of course however much space the bridge will take up.)

Nice to see someone else who likes Bengal Burst. It's one of my favorites now.

I just bought this last month, getting the neck today. I am totally stoked to get 'er completed.

warmothsmall.jpg

Warmoth top-routs bodies when there's something that would otherwise ruin it, like a knot or something. Since rear routs cost more, you can be sure that if they could, they would. But I also feel the same way sometimes, wishing that the top could've been 'saved'!

stormbringer said:
Nice to see someone else who likes Bengal Burst. It's one of my favorites now.

I just bought this last month, getting the neck today. I am totally stoked to get 'er completed.

Right on Stormbringer. What are the plans for that body? How'd you rout it? What kinda pickups you got lined up for it?

Thanks... Routed for EMG SA's (Gilmour set), Wilkinson, and standard Strat controls. Patiently (well not so patient) for my neck to arrive today. This parts killing me, LOL...

Back