Help with guitar ID

Bill587

Any guitar history buffs have an idea what this guitar make and model might be?  This was given to me as you see it....no hardware, electronics, no nothin...... I've been trying to find out what it is so that I can get back electronic covers, etc.  Any help with IDs (or even a place that might be able to ID this!!) would be greatly appreciated.

It's an Electra 

Something like this, but check other models  http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/x149.php

Great job, Alfgang. I think of myself as a guitar nerd, but I had no idea about Elektras. I was gionna guess this was like a high school wood shop special. Kudos again.  :eek:ccasion14:

its either an electra or a Westone... I believe the electra model was a phoenix, the Westone was a Spectrum.
Either way, it is a matsumoku made guitar, imported by St Louis Music. I have a couple of westones, great stuff for less money!

If I recall, Trevor Rabin was a Westone endorser back during the 90125/Big Generator era of Yes.  Only peripherally relevant, but still and all...

Wow!  Went on "Allexperts.com" and asked a "guitar expert" and got no answers.  1 post here and get it!  Thanks you all for the help and posts!

bagman67 said:
If I recall, Trevor Rabin was a Westone endorser back during the 90125/Big Generator era of Yes.   Only peripherally relevant, but still and all...

He sure did, he has a spectrum FX, some kind of custom shop 12 string, a couple of panteras, and finally his signature model. which turned into alvarez when SLM changed their brand name from westone to alvarez.

(<---- my favorite trevor rabin guitar is the one in my profile)

Bill587 said:
Wow!  Went on "Allexperts.com" and asked a "guitar expert" and got no answers.  1 post here and get it!  Thanks you all for the help and posts!

They may be experts, but are they guitar nerds?

Back