HELP: Fishman Powerbridge VT on new Tele body

Hi all,

I'm ordering a new Warmoth Tele body and I have a Fishman Powerbridge VT bridge (with Powerchip) to install on. Warmoth can create the routes only if I ship them the bridge. I asked if it's possible to use just the install diagram but they can't. It's quite expensive and take a lot of time to ship from Italy the Fishman birdge and the question is: may I choose a Tele Vintage Bridge option in the configurator? Do you know if it's fully compatible with the Powerbridge VT?

Thanks for your help
Gianluca

Hi Gianluca - welcome to the forum!

It looks like the VT version should fit Warmoth's vintage Tele bridge option - in terms of the string-through hole and pickup positioning. The mounting screw hole placement is completely different, so accurately placed and perpendicular holes would need drilling. If you're not confident doing this yourself, it shouldn't be a big deal for a competent guitar tech. The original mounting holes would be hidden under the bridge plate.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi Fat, thanks!!

Ok... I'm configuring the body with a Vintage Tele bridge as suggested (I attach an image). Just to be sure I understanding: If the holes will be different, is it not a problem for the guitar tech when he'll create the right holes?

Another point is about the controls: I configured a standard strat controls with a 5 way switch. The volume control is too close to the bridge or is it ok? The guitar tech will have to create one more hole for the powerchip controlol and another one for the powerchip switch...

Thanks for your help!
G.

Attachments

• my_tele.jpg
    my_tele.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 234
You're welcome (do please note that I'm just some guy who likes putting guitars together, not a representative of Warmoth or somebody that anybody's going to call an expert - this means please check more thoroughly than just taking my word - for anything!)

Maybe find the tech you plan to use before you start spending money and discuss it first.

Strat volume controls are always too close to the pickup/bridge, but that's just my opinion. It doesn't look like the fit would be a problem, but it would be close. The bridge is specced as 79.5mm (3.13") wide and I'm sure Warmoth or another forum member could tell you how far from the centre line the nearest control is drilled on a rear-routed body (as I don't think it's in exactly the same spot as on a Strat scratchplate).

Hi Fat, thanks!

Hi just have spoken with the guitar tech and he will do everything that is not standard. He asked me to order the Tele Vintage Style config and he will replace the screw hole on the front as you suggested.

Thanks!
G.

Back