Hello. New to forum. Heres ol Nutty

jerryjg

Ol Nutty is a Warmoth Solid Walnut Warmoth body with bookmatched Walnut top. It has a Rosewood neck with Ziricote fingerboard. Its has a Wilkinson VSVG100 trem, and Sperzel tuners.I have Duncan PAtB-3 in the bridge and Duncan pAT-Stk-1n in the middle and a Hot Rails in the neck. The Pat-B's really smooth out the brightness, and the Rosewood helps some as well.
I love my action super low, and I was very fortunate in that on this guitar the strings practicall sit right on the fretboard. It has action as good, or dare I say even better than my Jackson Soloist. Not every Strat I assemble turns out that way!  Nice to meet everyone.

jerr2041.jpg

jerr2042.jpg

jerr2043.jpg

jerr2044.jpg

jerr2045.jpg

jerr2046.jpg

jerr2047.jpg

jerr2048.jpg

jerr2049.jpg

jerr2053.jpg

jerr2054.jpg

jerr2055.jpg

jerr2056.jpg

[/img]

HOLY CRAP! this is soo close to what I have planned for my next project!
Just take off the inlays and add f-hole and that would be roughly it!

it looks great, I like it a lot!

forgot to ask:
did you finish it yourself? if so, did you use a stain, or just a transparent finish?
was the walnut this dark (and orang-y/brown-ish) when it was unfinished?

you are suppose to name them after your ex-girlfriends . . . or did you ?

Marko said:
forgot to ask:
did you finish it yourself? if so, did you use a stain, or just a transparent finish?
was the walnut this dark (and orang-y/brown-ish) when it was unfinished?

Thanks for your comments everyone. I bought the guitar already finished, but what the dude said was he just only tung oiled it.
Ive assmebled a few Warmoths from parts, but  this one i just  changed the pickups and hardware, and the tremolo.

kreig said:
you are suppose to name them after your ex-girlfriends . . . or did you ?
No, then i would have named it "OL Slutty"  :icon_biggrin:
Marko said:
<p>
One more thing :)
did you install the tuners like that on purpose?
The tuners have since been removed and reinstalled properly.

whats wrong with the tuners? I like them being gold and black! I like the whole guitar!

Back