Hear ye - Hear ye - U-Pick fingerboards now live!

simple

Staff member
OK guys, check it out!  Scroll to the bottom of the page. We're just beginning with it so the selection will be expanding and bass fingerboards and body tops will be coming next week (hopefully).  :cool01:

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=strat_warmothpro

wow! this is COOL!!!! I have to admit though... I'm a lucky bastard with my guitars  :eek:ccasion14: but this feature is really, REALLY cool! this is really listening to the customer :) (I saw this feature in the 'idea'box, a while ago)

Now,see, when you were talking a little bit ago about changes coming to Warmoth, well, this is a kind of change I can deal with!  Nice!  Everything else, keep it just the same!  JK  :laughing11:

This just goes to show that Warmoth really knows what the word "custom" means.

And on that note I'm happy 'cause my new CBS neck just arrived today. :headbang1:

:rock-on:

I now know what AAAAA+ grade birds eye maple looks like...wow

On second thought, I hate this feature...as a default can you make it so anybody who doesn't live in the states can't see anything with brazilian rosewood? I just clicked on that tab...wow.

Absolutely outstanding! That is so cool to be able to pick your fretboard (although I have to admit, the anticipation as to what I was receiving was quite fun too).

Another way to charge more, perhaps?  I have no problem with Warmoth making more money, but it seems like this will degrade the "regular" orders since every above-average piece will be pulled to sell in the fretboard showcase.

Anyway, luckily I care more about utility and know the $157 neck plays just as well as the $500 from the same materials, regardless of appearance.

spauldingrules said:
Another way to charge more, perhaps?  I have no problem with Warmoth making more money, but it seems like this will degrade the "regular" orders since every above-average piece will be pulled to sell in the fretboard showcase.
Ah geez...the class is half empty?   :icon_scratch:   :laughing7:  You don't have to worry, Warmoth has plenty of fingerboards and they're all nice. It's all about giving those that really want to pick out their own fingerboard that opportunity. Profitable? Hopefully, but we'll see. It's new territory for us.

These internets have really been getting scary, ever since they put in the new tubes.... I can't wait for the gene-splicing guys to get up to speed so I can design my own next wife. I've already got several special features in mind.... :eek:

$150 for this....

what are all those unsightly marks on the wood....

:laughing7:

necks.cfm

Great idea, tops next ?

Absolutely awesome. You guys are seriously clever at marketing your drugs, er, I mean guitars.  :help:

Back