Headstock Logos on New Builds

Whose Logo Do You Put On Your Warmoth Builds?

• Total voters
i feel like this whole fender logo / warmoth logo / no logo thing has gotten out of hand. i thought my cobra comparison would put things in perspective, but i picked the wrong wheels. and for that i'm sorry. seriously though, if it's your build then it's your headstock. warmoth doesn't ask for any credit (and definitely doesn't demand any by adding their own headstock logo) so i think that pretty clearly leaves it up to the person who assembles the thing.

I'm not going to argue the differences between "says" and "appear" as they refer to a Warmoth neck with a Fender headstock with or without a logo.  I've said from the get go that a casual inspection of a Warmoth neck with Fender headstock would reveal it not to be a Fender, especially if made out of something other than Maple.  Hanging on a wall in a home or pawnshop or seen on a stage from across the room, the headstock immediately looks like a Fender - something it's not.  At a glance, the headstock shape "says" Fender to me, and it "appears" to be a Fender to you.

I think most of this fuss has to do with the issue of who makes and sells the logos.  Most, if not all, are un-licensed.  The "F" neck plates that are sold at GC and online are licensed.  I've never heard anybody make this same fuss over them.  They interchange with many non-Fender guitars, including Warmoth.  I never hear of fraud associated with them.  Is it an issue of bolt-on vs. adhesive?  The idea that we don't necessarily believe what a neckplate says but do beleive what a logo says?

Rofl.  I forgot about how dumb this discussion could get.  I'm going to put Fender logos on my next couple bowel movements and see if they sue me. 

-Mark

Back